X-15A-2

Thanks for the comments folks, it's appreciated.

Jeffrey, the photo background was simply a large piece of card which I got from Hobbycraft, Electric Blue in colour and cost me about a quid. I use it because I generally write articles for Military In Scale magazine, and that's the standard background Spence likes to use. I used two sheets in some shots, just to widen the coverage behind. I put it on my kitchen table and up the wall behind, and took photos with a Nikon Coolpix S3100 which I got for Christmas. Some were in natural daylight from the kitchen window, the ones with a sharper shadow were lit from above by the kitchen light and the camera's white balance was set to 'incandescent' to compensate for the colour cast.

General, I see what you mean about that rivet... :P I know EXACTLY what's wrong with this build, but after what happened at the Sutton Coldfield show, I'm not telling ANYBODY! Haven't decided what's next yet...

To everyone else, glad you liked it.

Happy New Year,

Dean

It's a job to add anything to the comments that you've already got Dean but couldn't let this one pass without adding my regards on a great build. I'm going to file this one away in the hope that my 48th scale one can benefit from your build thread.

Love it, it's a superb build of an historic aircraft and worthy of all the accolade heaped on it.

Pete

Cheers for the extra comments, folks...it's appreciated.

As for references, I used a couple of sites which have walkarounds of the real thing, which I think were also listed in my WIP thread by someone - if that helps.

Cheers,

Dean

As someone who's built this same kit before, I am speechless! That is amazing, and the detail is sublime.

Personally I think ithe X-15 is the coolest flying machine ever made.

That's bloody good. Hope you don't mind if i use all your hard work to improve my own one. love the way you've shaded and varied the panels. you've made a black aircraft look very interesting