Hobby boss 1/35 M1070 HET and Trailer M1000

mireson

Hi all,

here is the progress of the M1000 trailer with the HET 1070 Hobby boss kit, I have started with the trailer to get the 40 wheels done before I go back to work in the new year.

The pipping is the stuff that comes with the kit and os great to work with, the goose neck moves up and down, as does all the wheel stations, and they can turn, but I have glued them in place.

there are a few confusing points in the plans, but overall, what a kit, Hobby boss have done thier homework on this one.

The load is the AFV club M-88, not a small kit in itself, but lost on the trailer

004-3.jpg

more on here

http://malcsmodels.blogspot.com/2011/12/hi...s-of-m1000.html

as always all comments most welcome,

malc.

I had thought about a similar load after seeing this, but the update set for my M88 is quite high, so I may just stick with an MBT.

HETT.jpg

I've not got mine yet, but is the kit colour schemes just sand?

Also, and apologies for a wee highjack, but is there much difference between U.S. and U.K. versions?

Steve

I had thought about a similar load after seeing this, but the update set for my M88 is quite high, so I may just stick with an MBT.

HETT.jpg

I've not got mine yet, but is the kit colour schemes just sand?

Also, and apologies for a wee highjack, but is there much difference between U.S. and U.K. versions?

Steve

the british one has a totally differnt trailer, a KIng 7 wheeler if I remember correctly, the M1000 is specail made for the M1070

As for thr tractor unit, about the only things the same for both British and US versions are the drive train , and the air con unit, the rest is all different, not to mention the steering wheel is on the other side!!

Dont worry, I had exactly the same idea as you, get two and convert one to the Britsh version, still cheaper than the AA ones, but there are not enouigh hours in the day for that

cheers mate,

malc.

Apparently only parts unmodified on the UK version are parts of the Tractor chassis & drive train.

about right there

the british one has a totally differnt trailer, a KIng 7 wheeler if I remember correctly, the M1000 is specail made for the M1070

As for thr tractor unit, about the only things the same for both British and US versions are the drive train , and the air con unit, the rest is all different, not to mention the steering wheel is on the other side!!

Well, it was just a thought.

I have now got my late Christmas present and having read throught the instructions a few times I have noticed that about the only thing really missing (apart from the engine) is the seat belts in the cab. I am probably going to scratch build mine, once I get some in-cab online. What are you going to do?

Also, have you decided on the scheme and load yet? I think I will be going with the three tone and a sand coloured M1A2 SEP or Tamiya's AAVP7A1.

Steve

Well, it was just a thought.

I have now got my late Christmas present and having read throught the instructions a few times I have noticed that about the only thing really missing (apart from the engine) is the seat belts in the cab. I am probably going to scratch build mine, once I get some in-cab online. What are you going to do?

Also, have you decided on the scheme and load yet? I think I will be going with the three tone and a sand coloured M1A2 SEP or Tamiya's AAVP7A1.

Steve

yep,

a 3 tone camo for the tractor and trailer carrying a used and abused desert sand M88 for contrast

all the best mate,

malc.

No time wasting here, I have one on layby at the LHS and am looking forward to seeing how you go with yours. Nice progress :thumbsup:

Not sure of a load for mine, thought about an Abrams.

cheers mate,

mine is looking like an M 88 or an AMTRAC LVT, tractor and trailer in 3 tone camo, load in desert yellow worn and wethered up.

Thanks,

malc.

Once again cracking work Malc

You need a case for this????

P

hello stranger,

how ya doing mate, yes, I need a case for it, you got one going agian, if you remember we were talking about getting another one like the last one I got off you, but then your shop closed.

yep, I do need one,

Thanks mate,

malc.