PZL P.37 Los (Mastercraft 1/72)

Well - looking at your great build I just ordered the interior PE :rolleyes: I have to admit I can't imagine how the fine "net" of rib detail would adhere to the sidewalls on my build without the superglue bleeding through :huh:

What are the colors you've used so far, and can you share your ideas about the elusive Polish khaki? Any paint equivalent, FS code, other reference?

Something I've noticed - in the original Mikro 72 version of the kit there is a station of a radio operator in the middle of the fuselage spine with a seat on one sidewall and a large radio set on the other. Are you going to include this one at a later stage or omit it altogether?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

There are some changes since last time. I've managed to make my own vacu nose. I had to make it from two pieces to achieve good result. Now it's prepared for painting and one half is already glued to fuselage. I've also made scratch bombsight - from 14 elements :)

185td.jpg

184ra.jpg

183xx.jpg

182gzv.jpg

181jg.jpg

180my.jpg

179ge.jpg

177gt.jpg

pgp000!

For khaki I'm using two humbrol paints: 159 and 29. I mix them about 4 to 1. Four 29 to one 159. There are Pactra acrylic paints called Polish khaki I and II as well as Polish Blue I and II. Ones are for planes painted before war and twos are for war machines. I cant remember which year that change appeared... Pactra's colours aren't bad and I used them very often. Lately I decided to mix mentioned humbrols according to colour photos of our aircrafts. The radio you talking about is a mikro144 decoration :) There is a radio set in my model but it's much smaller and looks more like original :) Right side of fuselage behind pilots cockpit edge.

Cheers

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

Superb building going on here! That photo etch looks really good quality, and the aircraft looks very impressive. Never really taken much notice of these before. You have really brought that aircraft out of the limelight.

Martin

Wow! Amazing modelling going on here. Makes my recent 1/48 scale effort of this aircraft look as realistic as Lego!

• 1 year later...

When I was a kid this was my second model that I built and it brings me to those beautiful years of

the feverish begining with this hobby. My first model was RWD-14 Czapla which was from the

same brand (it was then ZTS Plastyk). Now that brings to me some beautiful memories from my childhood.

This Pzl P.37 looks great and I have few of those to build. Beautiful job :thumbsup2:

Edited by Tom Handy