PZL P.37 Los (Mastercraft 1/72)

Hello!

About 1,5 month ago I started working on PZL P.37 model. The Mastercraft's kit is quite old and it's not very detailed. PZL 37 is a Polish Air Force and polish aviation legend. The competition on our polish forum was a good occasion to get that model on workshop. I want to put as much details as I can. Lots of them I'll have to make myself but Part's photoetched sheets are very helpful. Together (Part and my hands :D ) we can make a nice looking model I hope :)

As I said I'm working on Los for about 6 weeks. Thats why I'll put some old pics and after that I'll post images straight form the workshop desk.

Okay here are some photos showing building process:

First I started to improoving the tail, from that...

015xf.jpg

022ck.jpg

to that :)

040oo.jpg

029hl.jpg

Then I "pchotoetched" the inner part of fuselage

017lp.jpg

046rp.jpg

After that there was alot of detailing work

055eh.jpg

060nn.jpg

062ss.jpg

067sj.jpg

070wqi.jpg

072gs.jpg

073yd.jpg

078ddr.jpg

Recently I started working on wheel bay. I made it totally scratchbuilt. It's quite hard place because lack of photos showing that part. Sometimes I had to improvise. Now I have to make same looking wheel bay for another wing. That will be tough!

091gwk.jpg

092d.jpg

093h.jpg

094cm.jpg

095kk.jpg

Feel free to leave comment and hints :)

Cheers

Stanley

I built one of those a while ago but I didn't go for Part PE set, just too expensive for me. But it does look great. Do you have replacement canopies to show all that PE or you just going to hide it behind the crappy kit ones?

For me it was a very long battle to get it finished. Good luck.

Greg

Edited by gfurm

Hello!

Thank you all for comments and good word! It's very motivating :)

per ardua ad ostentationem! I'm using CA glue for all PE parts.

About canopies... I'm planning to do my own vacu canopies but I've never tried that before. I can't see any other option. The kit glass is simply worthless so I have to learn about vacu worksmanship very quickly and with good results :D I have positive feelings but maybe it will bring me down fast. We'll see...

Today I finished second wheel bay. I'm very happy that I'm over that. It was quite demanding task.

Here are some photos showing the process of buliding:

104i.jpg

105br.jpg

102vs.jpg

103oz.jpg

100qmb.jpg

101yp.jpg

098rl.jpg

099kc.jpg

096px.jpg

Cheers!

Stanley

Hello!

Small update. I painted inner side of fuselage. I tried to combine a colour similar to that found on the bombs feather. The badly destroyed wreck of the Los was found in swamp. Plane hit the ground with big impact and exploded. That's why there are mostly small fragments but because of swamp they are in very good condition. Guys who dig it out could even smell a gasoline after 70 years!

113tf.jpg

ccopy23.jpg

Wing:

107yd.jpg

108bo.jpg

109rb.jpg

Painted wheel bays:

111tcc.jpg

Everything was photographed just after painting. Some finishing touches should give more "life" into it :)

Cheers Stan

This thing is looking amazing! As much as I enjoy WIP threads, I can't wait to see this one in RFI!!!