Lynx7

I can't see the phots at present as I'm on a Pussers computer but from the comments I gather they turned out alright. However, if she starts leaving the lids off your paint pots or airbrush clogged and mingy just say 'never mind darling, look I've bought you the Blue Max Vickers Gunbus.'

• 2 weeks later...

@ mrvr6 : LOL :D

seriously, it must be nice to have somebody to share one's hobby with at home. at least when she's not better than yourself :P

Edited by Bozo

• 2 months later...

Absolutely superb; the 'most expensive lawn-mower' dio is particularly awesome! :clap:

From nothing to that in a short time is SCARY!, she is good, what did she use to make the bullet holes in spit? Tell her to keep it up, you lucky man

Thats great stuff and wonderful that your 't'other half enjoys the hobby as much as if not more than you!

My good lady tolerates my hobby, although a funny thing happened at Cosford this weekend.

I espied a 1/32 Trumpy lightning that I honestly couldn't justify buying, However after a few moments groping said kit, Wifey says, "go on then, I bought my dress for the wedding (friends, not us again) which was £65 quid."

Didnt need to ask twice. Irony is, having collected said dress she has decided she doesnt like it and is making efforts to return it! The lightning isnt going anywhere!

Just think what I could buy if the finance and admin department partook in modelling!?

Thanks for all the replies again chaps. I'll pass on your comments to the g/f. She'll really appreciate them.

Goose, she used a hot needle to make hole then painted a bit of alloy round the hole.

Ahh i see, id try it, but our cooker is electric!

Isn't she getting good huh...

I am going to risk her wrath now

(then hide in a cupboard til she stops waving her modelling knife in my direction)

She has a very keen eye, shown by a mature and thoughtfully plotted Spitty Dio, you should show her how to blend the canopy ('specially the windscreen section) into the fuselage.

That is about all that spoils the 109 for me

She isnt the only one either, lots of us drop the ball when it comes to the transparencies. Me too at times and that is really, really the only criticism I'd make and it isnt just 'cos she's a girl.

bill

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily enough your own skills are top class as if it were me I would be starting to have some confidence issues if my missus could out model me!

Without being sexist when women get a creative flair for things like this they often turn out better models than the men... lets face it what guy here has ever picked out the right shade of paint for the living room on his own or matched the carpet and curtains in the spare room.

When this lady finds here niche I reckon she will become very good, either that or the two of you will get married and spoil the whole thing :wacko:

Great work!! I really enjoyed your photos very much. I have been modelling classic cars and aircrafts for many years as well. And I look forward to starting another project very soon.