Lynx7

Hi Lynx:

Its a pleasure to enjoy your girlfriend models, really a joy, I have to say that her work is wonderful, she simply put her better effort in doing theirs and is a perfect example to follow, her talent is a natural, CHEERS for her!!!

Without a doubt, you really really made a good acquisition :D, right now enjoy with her your hobby and hope to do together many many models forever!!!

Happy New Year for both of you, yours and all here!!!

Luis Alfonso

Give her a pat on the back for those :clap2:

As supportive of my hobby as Caz is, I can't imagine her ever picking up a kit and building it :shrug: Still - more for me to build! :wicked:

Wow! These are fantastic models for someone new to the hobby. She deserves that pat on the back, plus more! Like a whole bunch of hobby supplies and more kits to add to her stash!

My wife is always offering to finish any model that I have underway, but when I look at the dents and scratches in her car, I always decline her offer. If she models like she drives, it wouldn't be pretty!

Cheers,

Bill

I think her modelling skills are inversely proportional to her driving skills. Shes written at least 3 cars, 2 planes and a yacht off and is to parking what Myra Hindley was to baby sitting.....

YIKES!! Is the insurance paid up? Were the two planes models, or actual aircraft?

Cheers,

Bill

Looks like your girlfriend has taken to this with some enthusiasm not to mention that she obviously already has the basic skill sets to build upon and improve with each build she does. It's great to be able to share a hobby with your other half, especially when it's a major hobby, that way they understand why you spend so much time and effort doing it and a fair bit of time talking about it too!

I introduced my wife to modelling a few years back, and she's surprisingly good too; I was expecting her to have similar problems to when I started modelling as a child (building up hand-eye coordination as well as knowledge base) but she's taken to it like a duck to water and just asks me for advice when she gets stuck or needs a second opinion. She also enjoys researching the subject of the build for inspiration and historical context too, so she can now understand why I enjoy being knowledgeable to the point of sadness about certain aircraft and AFVs!

You are lucky indeed.

My girlfriend is generally supportive of my hobby and fascination with aircraft, but she's also quite strightforward in saying she doesn't understand the fascination.

I think she knows I could find far more detrimantal ways of spending my time and money.

I think her modelling skills are inversely proportional to her driving skills. Shes written at least 3 cars, 2 planes and a yacht off and is to parking what Myra Hindley was to baby sitting.....

LOL!!! I hope she wasnt holding a scaplel as you typed that. Nice models- good to see another modeller joining the ranks regardless of sex.

I must admit, when I saw yout thread title, I was half expecting some slightly "different" photographs... :blush:

Cheers

Jonners, blessed with an understanding, if somewhat baffled wife