Revell London bus, Routemaster RML

richellis

Thats actually a later era rather than earlier - I remember leather trimming on bus seats from way back when, but when they got refurbished they got an all-over tartan seat.

By the way, did London Country buses have a green tartan seat and inner paneling or is my memory playing tricks?

By the way, did London Country buses have a green tartan seat and inner paneling or is my memory playing tricks?

Not sure of the inner panelling, but the ones in the Welwyn Garden City area had a brown/green tartan with brown leather edging, according to Mrs Obi-Jiff. I do have a couple of books about London Country buses, but they're not accessible at the moment.

• 1 month later...

HI Richellis , i receive a kit from a friend of mine , in JAN 13 , im trying to be more closer possible at real , your post inform myself about details that arent include into the kit , so tks for your

cooperation ,

ps : my kit is the first into my country ,Brasil and may be of South America , due the official dealer REVELL for Brasil dont import any one until by now ! .

my friend bougth this one at MODEL ZONE - HORBORN - LON.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvalley1/sets/72157629260290805/"]Visit My Website[/url]

TKS IN ADVANCE Emanuel Cesar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

New member here and this is my first post! Glad to be on this forum :D

I recently purchased the Routemaster after my employer thought it would be a great idea to have it displaying proudly in our office!

I loved the challenge and I told him that I would do it, since I do have some experience building models and painting them....

But, its the first time that I get a model with so much interior space to be painted and what troubles me is the painting "strategy"...Obviously I don't want to have the whole thing built and then realise that it would be impossible to reach specific areas..

My thoughts were that I paint the exterior (body) before I move to any kind of assembly...would you recommend that? I will be using acrylic spray paints, so it could be messy if I were to stick the windows on etc.

Would any of you have any tips regarding important steps I should follow and any errors that I should avoid?

Thank you all in advance!!

Edited by Nostromo

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

New member here and this is my first post! Glad to be on this forum :D

I recently purchased the Routemaster after my employer thought it would be a great idea to have it displaying proudly in our office!

I loved the challenge and I told him that I would do it, since I do have some experience building models and painting them....

But, its the first time that I get a model with so much interior space to be painted and what troubles me is the painting "strategy"...Obviously I don't want to have the whole thing built and then realise that it would be impossible to reach specific areas..

My thoughts were that I paint the exterior (body) before I move to any kind of assembly...would you recommend that? I will be using acrylic spray paints, so it could be messy if I were to stick the windows on etc.

Would any of you have any tips regarding important steps I should follow and any errors that I should avoid?

Thank you all in advance!!

Hello everyone. I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and I just came across this site. I have ordered the Revell London bus and I am looking forward to getting the kit. This site should be of valuable help in building the kit. My late Uncle Jack drove double decker buses in London for many years. My main interest is building police cruisers. Iam a retired police officer with 30 years in. If anyone is interested in seeing some of my models go to Flickr.com cmcharlesmillar. photostream Looking forward to this kit

Got one of these last weekend and cracked on with building it straight away. first impressions were wow, huge box, and amazing amount of plastic for the money. Very cool subject and it makes up into a really nice sized model, the proportions of which (long and narrow) fit easily onto shelves and windowsills for display. Overall level of detail is good, some parts are a little bit soft, like the detail on the 1/32 Ju88a, but in other areas it is nice and sharp. Decals are really well printed, although I'm going to make up a set of custom destination boards, numberplates etc as the model will be a present to commemorate my sisters wedding.

So far I have made up the complete chassis and engine, and the fit has been excellent. There are a fair few mistakes in the instructions- parts like the wheels hubs have been shown back to front, and if assembled as shown the rear wheels would be "inside out", also parts shown in one stage are then invisible in the next and vice versa, which makes it a bit confusing at times. So make sure you do lots of dry fitting with reference to photos to make sure you're putting the rights bits in the right place. Only minor issues in the grand scheme of things, but it appears that some of the finer details of the kit were rushed to meet the release deadline.

The only other thing that is disapointing is the rivet detail on the body sides. On one side it is really nice and fine, but on the other it is much heavier. Looks like they had some tooling issues that couldn't be rectified in time.

Overall though, a brilliant model of an iconic british subject, and superb value for money!

Edited by lufbramatt

• 3 years later...

The etch set is almost as expensive as the original kit and doesn't give you all that much. The most important bit is the grille for the radiator but that can be reproduced with some metal mesh for a fraction of the cost of the etch set.

• 8 months later...
On 12/01/2012 at 08:21, Trubbie said:

I seem to recall ( a long time ago) the edges of the seats having a brown leather/leather cloth material. Am I mistaken?

Trubbie

No! Idea was that leather edging wouldn't snag on the conductor's trousers as he/she passed along the bus collecting fares.

On 12/01/2012 at 08:21, Trubbie said:

I seem to recall ( a long time ago) the edges of the seats having a brown leather/leather cloth material. Am I mistaken?

Trubbie

No! Idea was that leather edging wouldn't snag on the conductor's trousers as he/she passed along the bus collecting fares.

On 28/12/2011 at 22:35, Kitkruncher said:

Call me a pedant if you like but why is a bus that goes from Dalston to Piccadilly Circus heading south over Westminster Bridge???

Something to ponder over the mince pies....

Cheers all

Jim

I'm a worse pedant! Biggest howler for me is the garage code and running number - S 58. S is the code for Shepherds Bush Garage. The 38 operated out of Leyton Garage, code T! Never went anywhere near Shepherds Bush.

• Like 1