Revell 1/32 F-4F WILD HORSE Phantom advice needeed please

Charlie

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help. I seem to remember you could get resin parts to correct the nose ,which is clearly wrong profile ,and I also need the top of the fin ,which is part 208 in the kit, can this be obtained as a resin part or has someone broken up a F-4 for spares that they would sell or swop, also are there any other parts available to correct errors. Many thanks ,happy Xmas and New Year to you all.

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help. I seem to remember you could get resin parts to correct the nose ,which is clearly wrong profile ,and I also need the top of the fin ,which is part 208 in the kit, can this be obtained as a resin part or has someone broken up a F-4 for spares that they would sell or swop, also are there any other parts available to correct errors. Many thanks ,happy Xmas and New Year to you all.

Hi,

I built the Revell F-4F a few years ago and at least back then there were no resin parts available. I had to change the Radome shape with a Tamiya E-Radome as comparison and took the spare fin cap from that Tamiya kit (removed the acorn)

Regarding the radome there was so much material to be removed I had to fill the whole thing with Miliput in the first place to avoid holes...

Furthermore the shape of the gun fairing/front wheel cover is wrong - too square/not round enough. I remember the correction list being endless...

Ingo

Hi Charlie,

Harold of AMS fame makes a replacement nose:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/132-ams-res...034-p25446.aspx

Have given away all my spares but the Tamiya F-4E/F-4EJ releases feature both a plain fincap and one with the RHAWS acorn on it, which fit the Revell. Maybe somebody else can provide you with a spare?

I prefer the Tamiya F-4E but I've seen many Revell 'Es built and they look pretty good.

Wish you luck with your build

Cheers

tony t

Hi Charlie,

I can second the AMS resin nose - it significantly improves the look of the front as it's based on the Tamiya nose. I found a manufacturer on LSP called Parts-R-Parts who make several improvement bits for the Revell F-4:

http://partsrparts.homestead.com/F4parts.html

Sierra Hotel Models are working on some improvements - IIRC another nose, intakes, and utility bay.

Seamless Suckers also made a set of intakes but these are long OOP and are unlikely to be re-issued following the death of the owner. AMS and Quickboost make FOD covers though; I've used the AMS ones and they are a drop in fit.

True Details have replacement wheels and ejector sheets for USAF F-4s.

Not resin but very comprehensive, is the Flightpath detail set, as well as very complex exhaust components, this has a new set of undercarriage bays and a more accurate legs. Scale Aircraft Conversions make a set but this doesn't correct the anaemic nose leg.

HTH,

Jonathan