1/48 - Fairey Firefly Mk.I by Special Hobby - released - wing fold set by Wolfpack Design

Homebee

Special Hobby - who I think are part of the CMK/MPM group - have had a Firefly IV/V shown as a new release for some time. So I hope that this is a precursor to that release!

John

... in association with these:

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1...&start=9615

I think we could say a complete new family is "under development" ^_^

Ciao

Giovanni

To google-translate the important bit:

"We do the whole family of Firefly, from Mk.1 to Mk.7 / 8 They will have a common these models only some small parts, because the hulls and wings for each group are different versions."

Now all we need are release dates!!!!

"We do the whole family of Firefly, from Mk.1 to Mk.7 / 8 They will have a common these models only some small parts, because the hulls and wings for each group are different versions."

Now all we need are release dates!!!!

The pics :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Source: http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1...&start=9615

Firefly Mk.4/.5/.6

Firefly Mk.7/.8

And now we need Blackburn Firebrand, Short Scimitar, Fairey Gannet AEW, Short Sturgeon, BP Sea Balliol & Avro Shackleton 1/48th injected kits. :please:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

This would be so welcome. But then I remember how long the Special Hobby E-2 etc hung around as "future releases" before evaporating, and suddenly I'm not so confident. Have we anything that could be described as solid?

This would be so welcome. But then I remember how long the Special Hobby E-2 etc hung around as "future releases" before evaporating, and suddenly I'm not so confident. Have we anything that could be described as solid?

I dunno - these look pretty solid:

ffsmallpartsimg40831.jpg

Various small parts

ffmk1img40822.jpg

Firefly Mk.1

ffmk456img40811.jpg

Firefly Mk.4/.5/.6

ffmk78img40801.jpg

Firefly Mk.7/.8

Why invest in the masters, and release the photos, if you don't intend to follow through shortly?

Edited by Paul Bradley

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NO sign of the kits yet - or the Modellers Data File. Does anybody have any info on release dates, other than 'in the Spring'?

John

Is it just me, or do both sets of sprue shots look to be identical, with the distinguishing parts, e.g. the nose of the Mk.V, missing from view?

Dave

The title, running up between the images, says "First Sprues of Firefly Mk.1 1/48"

Hopefully we'll see some sprue shots of the later marks, with the completely different wing leading edges, in the near future. I'm really looking forward to (and hoping for) this to be released soon.

cheers

Mike

NO sign of the kits yet - or the Modellers Data File. Does anybody have any info on release dates, other than 'in the Spring'?

John

No, sorry. When I get news, you lot will be the first to know. Believe me, I am as anxious as anyone about it... :bleh: