RIAT 2012

phildagreek

Something really big would be good. I remember the first time I saw a C5 in person at Finningley, maybe 1980 or 81, and then we walked through it, amazing to a young lad - I can't guarantee it was 80 or 81, I would have been about 13 or 14 I guess, there has been a lot of red wine since then! Anyways, that was a BIG aircraft!

Should Lakenheath's 48th Fighter Wing attend with their F-15E's and they bring either for static display:

F-15E 91-0318 "48OG"

F-15E 00-3004 "48FW"

Could any BM members did me a favor and snap some pics of the names on both sides of the nose so i can finish my models of each jet.

I would be most grateful.

Gary

For me the Mig is worth the price of admission, I can't remember the last time I saw one fly.

For me the Mig is worth the price of admission, I can't remember the last time I saw one fly.

agreed!

super tempted by Saturday now too - a day for the statics, show and then Monday for the departures!! cannot wait!

A couple of announcements off the official website today, the Huey team, who I confess I've never heard of, are bringing a UH1H and an OH6 to look at, [so they can't be bad people] and the Saudi Hawks. All good stuff. There hasn't been much American stuff announced yet, I hope they will be a late announcement.

In order to get the aircraft – nine in total, including one spare – they will have to be dismantled in Asia and flown the 5,000 mile journey in a fleet of large transport aircraft before being reassembled in the UK.

NEWS: The Black Eagles are being flown to Manchester in Korean Airlines 747 freighters.

Shaun

In order to get the aircraft – nine in total, including one spare – they will have to be dismantled in Asia and flown the 5,000 mile journey in a fleet of large transport aircraft before being reassembled in the UK.

NEWS: The Black Eagles are being flown to Manchester in Korean Airlines 747 freighters.

Shaun

sounds like someone should have hired the an-225 ;)

Updates this lunch time.......................Boeing are bringing a Super Hornet to fly.....lots of noise......an OV10 to look at............a Pave Hawk to look at......Army Air Corps Apache and Lynx to buzz about and a load of stuff from the German Navy and Air Force to look at and see fly.

All good! :partytime:

Updates this lunch time.......................Boeing are bringing a Super Hornet to fly.....lots of noise......an OV10 to look at............a Pave Hawk to look at......Army Air Corps Apache and Lynx to buzz about and a load of stuff from the German Navy and Air Force to look at and see fly.

All good! :partytime:

Just about to post the same.

Getting my interest up. :speak_cool:

A few more bits and pieces this lunchtime on the official site, mainly stuff on the ground to look at, but there's going to be a lot of Hawks buzzing around!

Disappointing update this week. I want more noisy stuff above my head. Will be good to see all the hawks in action.

Yeah I agree, a good airshow is where you come away slightly deaf and sunburned from staring up into the sky all day.