RIAT 2012

phildagreek

Good plan, I wish I had the time to stay, unfortunately I have to be back in the north for Monday afternoon. Although..............

there's always sick days!!

i loved walking round the statics last year, but i was gutted not to hear the il-76 roaring into the sky, so i'm taking time off work especially this year!! the other half isnt too happy, but there's no way i'm missing out on so many big ones this year - i'm a heavy lift nut!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had a quick check on site for the Thursday lunchtime update and I see the Marines are coming! They're bringing two MV-22B Osprey, one to fly and one parked up, there quite a selection of stuff confirmed now. Looking good. :partytime:

Apparently the Facebook page for RIAT says that Boeing is bringing a Super Hornet! I can't confirm this as I don't "do" Facebook, mainly because I don't "get" facebook. I am over the age that Facebook was designed for [i think].

Ooooh! Send out some positive vibes Dude! It's gonna be red hot all that weekend, everyone's going to turn up, there are going to be some late announcements of some good stuff that only decides last minute to be sent and it will be great.

Anyways, I'm going. B)

Totally underwhelmed with the line-up last year and didn't bother going but even now things look promising, so I will be back this year more than likely

Volunteering my services again this year, hopefully get a poke round that Osprey thing. The same one my G/F said looked like a 'Man spinning two plates'

Adam

Noting one of the themes is heavy lifters, it would be good to see the RAAF support the event with a KC-30, Herc or a C-17, would sure be good to see some Aussie thunder from down under up top in the RIAT participation list.

Got friday, saturday and sunday booked for Totterdown Campsite again :D Friday spent setting up 20 man tent and watching practices, Saturday in the show, and Sunday bbq and watch from campsite. The aircraft actually go right over this site, and i hope to get some good pictures. looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe.

Mick

Only 6 adults and 2 teenagers, they used to see who could bring the biggest tent to the site, but i don't think anyone has bothered since we turned up 3 years ago lol. We have a great time, if we ain't taking photos, we're barbecuing and drinking. They have to put our tent at the bottom of the field so we don't block anyone's view.

DSCF2997.jpg

Mick

A few more aircraft announced this lunch time on the official web site. A couple of Dutch F16's [always good I think], a B52, a KC135 and a P3 Orion. Also shows a couple of GR4's "bombing" the airfield - always good noise! B)