Accurate Miniatures 1/48th P-51C Mustang

Thanks guys n gals, much appreciated.

The end is is in sight and I might just get in done in time with a fair weather wind behind me. I really thought that I'd finish this one easily, Monday I started decalling with a fairly simple job ahead. The trouble is that the decals didn't read the script. I spent the first night putting the Stars'n'Bars, codes and names on one side and then left if for a night. Tuesdays plan was to put the first few tail stripes on and the other sides fuselage decals. All straightforward, I thought, until the first tail decal split on being put on the plane. Nevermind, I'll put some Microscale decal film on the spare one that's on the decal sheet and try again. I even cut it into three separate pieces to make it easier. The first piece went on ok and then split as it dried. I won't go on but the whole stripe process has been the worst experience I can remember in my modelling life, a complete patchwork of cracked and broken decals. They're on but believe me there's more paint than decals left now. The laugh of it all was that the bottom stripes, you know 'the ones you can't see', went on in about 5 minutes without a single problem. I have to thank Mr Hobby Aqueous Insignia Red for coming to the rescue. It was an absolutely perfect match for the decals and saved my sanity and my build. It's now sitting upstairs with a final gloss sealing coat on it and waiting for a panel dirtying session and a final push. Should get the wash done tomorrow after a visit to Peterborough for the model show and a final push on Sunday all being well. Onto some pictures: -

A few bits waiting for a home: -

IMG_9480.jpg

And the girl in question, showing no shame for the pain she's caused me: -

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9482.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

Back soon

Pete

A good weekend of modelling has seen this one cross the line and the last 2 pictures here before posting a couple in the finished builds thread.

All in all this is a great kit, not quite up there with the fit of the Tamiya but in some ways a whole lot better in detail. I wish that I'd bought a few more whilst they were readily available too.

IMG_9487.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

Thanks for watching

Pete.

Gosh, Peter, that's two incredible builds for one group build! Excellent builds and paint work and decalling and weathering. Just awesome stuff, mate. I'm jealous of your ability!

:cheers: