'Unfortunately the French are now completely off their trolley....'

Dr Evil

I still remember the P&P for my last order at AMS: 37,00€ for two small kits and three decal sheets.

It makes me think: 'Unfortunately the Dutch are now completely off their trolley....'

The same shop for many years had a policy of "10 € delivery on all orders". This made ordering from them very interesting, but after they changed shipping policy they became much less so.

Say what you want about the shop, they have a shipping policy and you know it before ordering.

I have found some kits there that I cant find anywhere else. Shipping may be expensive but its fully trackable and I have never been let down by them.

Julien

Considering that the same kit seem to be available in several french shops for under 70, I'd say it's just the Nth confirmation that aviation megastore, while being a brilliant shop, is also one of the most expensive in the whole of europe !!!

Even if aviationmegastore is overpriced, 70 for that kit is still absurd.

Edited by KoenL

Say what you want about the shop, they have a shipping policy and you know it before ordering.

I have found some kits there that I cant find anywhere else. Shipping may be expensive but its fully trackable and I have never been let down by them.

Julien, the problem is not their shipping policy alone, but what they're saying on heller's supposed price for this kit, considering this policy.

That's very different.

Aviation Megastore do have lots of interesting stuff (especially for South African Air Force subjects) that I've never seen anywhere else, but their very high shipping charges (they use couriers instead of the mail due to high loss rates from what I was told) means that you'd be off your trolley to order stuff from them that you can get elsewhere. I do wish they would have a stand at Scale Model World and bring some of the items that they are pretty much alone on...

Jens

My brother-in-law works in the Netherlands and has warned us about the high loss rate associated with the Dutch postal service.

Well I used to order from them way back and nothing ever got lost (and BTW I live on the other end of Europe). Or am I that lucky??? :lol:

Also buy from them and they don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping. No shipments from them ever lost either.

Seems to me as a way to have you order more stuff than you'd normally do, so as to justify the shipping cost. (For large orders, shipping by courrier works out cheaper than standard mail services).

My brother-in-law works in the Netherlands and has warned us about the high loss rate associated with the Dutch postal service.

I think the problem is that a lot of the foreign mail companies lose packages, their shipping within the Netherlands is the same as any other Dutch shop... No use of couriers etc.

bearing the price policy of companies as 'Wolfpack' in mind for instance this isn't far off, isn't it?

and as for wolfpack the quality of the su-33 set in 1/48 for example is abysmal for the price.

but yeah, if at least the heller kit be included it'd make a lot more sense :P

That could be because the Dutch postal service is largely privatised.

I was in Amsterdam in October and had a bugger of a time locating a post office. When I did find one, I had a very enlightening conversation with the clerk. She told me that the postal service was nearly completely contracted out and that actual post offices held by the state postal service are very rare indeed.