AMT old dog.. Cutaway Falcon

This one's been on and off the bench for about a decade now.. About as straight as a bowlingball and as much detail.. Now seeing as I started building before doing any proper research into any possible fixes, any change now would almost certainly result in complete destruction...

Anyway, the story so far:

The interiour.. In the meantime I appear to have mislaid the seat that goes next to the engineering station. Will have to scratch one. I'm leaving out the stupid missiles:

interiour001res.jpg

interiour002res.jpg

console003-res.jpg

console005-res.jpg

monitor002-res.jpg

Next up, some greeblie stuff on the rear deck. Accurate? No. Busy? Yes. I'm using a fair share of artistic license here..

15112011276.jpg

I decided to do some detailing around the cockpit (which includes building a cockpit interiour..)..

15112011275.jpg

15112011277.jpg

Now one of the biggest issues I have with the AMT kit is the engines.. In reality there wasn't actually anything there on the studio model, other than diffused glass, so, tecnically, the AMT kit is closest to the real thing in that respect..

..but it's the least interestng.

Now I decided that, as I work in the prop and miniature manufacturing industry, why not apply the same manufacturing tricks? So, an evenings worth of CAD led to this:

lasercut.jpg

EngineVerticals.jpg

Enginelayers.jpg

grille2.jpg

grille.jpg

grilleinposition3.jpg

grilleinposition2.jpg

grillinposition.jpg

The way this stupid thing is made, the hull top and bottoms are almost vacformed, which makes life a pain. I might have to make up some petals to line the insides of the thrust vector thinggies above and below the engine grille..

If anyone wants the drawing for the engine grille, let me know and I'll email you the CAD file..

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...