RAF Roundel and Lettering Masks

SimonT

Evening all.

As is customary, I have left this to the last minute and am now running out of time.

I'm attempting to build Airfix's 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII as part of my Dad's Xmas pressie and am looking for any suggestions or advice as to where I might get hold of some good masks for roundels and lettering. I had some favourites on this subject saved, but can I find them!?

Anyone had any experience with masks and/or know of a good place to get them?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon

Evening all.

As is customary, I have left this to the last minute and am now running out of time.

I'm attempting to build Airfix's 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII as part of my Dad's Xmas pressie and am looking for any suggestions or advice as to where I might get hold of some good masks for roundels and lettering. I had some favourites on this subject saved, but can I find them!?

Anyone had any experience with masks and/or know of a good place to get them?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon

I heartily recommend Mal Mayfield at Miracle Masks. [email protected]

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

I can't thank AdAstra enough. My specific requirements were very swiftly designed an sent within hours of my request for help. Arrived before Xmas and have now been used quite successfully if I do say so myself. I'll try to add some photos to show what a first timer at airbrushing and masking has been able to do with these.

Thanks again Ian, top stuff!

Simon

Lovely work, Simon. Am I right in thinking your dad has a connection with this particular aircraft?

Yes indeed. He earnt his tools (panel beater apprentice) on the MkXII and was the first mark he worked on. EG-T are his initials so just a little fun. He tells me he did most but not all susequent Spit Marks, the Swift, Attacker and the Valiant. I have a 1/48 Attacker, waiting for the right time to sneak the Valiant past the Mrs and keeping a keen lookout for a Swift. More practice needed though before he gets any of those :)

Simon