a70eafff.jpg

8a191104.jpg

Etihad Formula one A340-600 conversion

1e972e99.jpg

5ca68f68.jpg

The 3 A380's together so you see the size difference with the 900

457090c4.jpg

Thanks for looking and merry Christmas and a happy new year

All very cool. I love the longer version of the A380. Nice one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Woody37 wrote:

Only if Mr Branson would have such desires for the Concorde !

I seem to remember that he did try to get hold of them at the time but was not allowed to for some reason.

Wouldn't mind doing that scheme in 1/72 scale!

David.

Edited by lancfan

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to remember that he did try to get hold of them at the time but was not allowed to for some reason.

It was probably the same reason as always - his ego collided with reality... again. Fortunately he never had the opportunity to get his grubby hands on Concorde and devalue it.

Chris, all credit for your lovely finishes, and active imagination! :lol:

Al

Fortunately he never had the opportunity to get his grubby hands on Concorde and devalue it.

Al

We couldnt possibly allow common folk to fly on Concorde.

Please read aloud with a Kenneth Williams accent. :tease:

Chris

• 7 months later...

My understanding was that BA wouldn't sell it as Mr Branson wanted to fly charter/scheduled to the US. However the premium market, which Concorde commanded, BA wanted to transfer to their normal 747/777 fleet. If they had sold the aircraft to him that would have put that revenue stream at risk.

Which is why the remaining BA concordes were given away and /or allowed to rot by removing fluids from the aircaft. I understand the Air France is the best preserved example as in theorey has had hydraulic/electric power supplied on a regular basis which preserves the seals on the systems.

There is a thread on another avaiation forum about the possibility of getting concorde flying again, the consensus (by BA/AF concorde engineers) was that it was doable but not on any BA fleet remnants without a major financial input to the point of rebuilding the aircraft. Spares etc are a problem now. But (a big but) the business case is very weak and inevitably corners would be cut. I would point you at the accident report for the Thunder City EE Lightning which crashed in South Africa killing the pilot, the cause was maintenance not being done to a sufficent standard. No single thing but a build up of causes which by themselves didn't seem to matter, a chilling read if you have an hour to spare. http://www.caa.co.za/resource%20center/accidents%20&%20incid/reports/2009/8706.pdf An accident waiting to happen............

• 2 weeks later...