'Between the wars' pilots' seat belts

CliffB

I've been making models of 'between the wars' civil aircraft for some time, but have never really understood would type of harness or seat belt would be provided for pilots in the 20s and 30s.

I've got the impression that the answer may depend on the size of aircraft? So can anyone help me please with a more definitive answer on what would have been provided for the pilots of say a DH Moth, a DH Dragon and an HP42?

Many thanks

Cliff

They were virtually all simple brass ferrule reinforced hole, peg and clip Sutton type webbing lapstraps if the aeroplane was non aerobatic. Shoulder straps were added on more agile types.

John

I've been making models of 'between the wars' civil aircraft for some time, but have never really understood would type of harness or seat belt would be provided for pilots in the 20s and 30s.

I've got the impression that the answer may depend on the size of aircraft? So can anyone help me please with a more definitive answer on what would have been provided for the pilots of say a DH Moth, a DH Dragon and an HP42?

Many thanks

Cliff