Help with P-51 'Passion Wagon'

AnonymousDFB1

Okay guys I've got a problem.

I have this photo of Passion Wagon when Weaver was fly a P-51B

g4-a7.jpg

As you will see it has 6 kill marks and invasion strips. Also the small nude nose art. Which I'm led to believe was his original nose art.

Now look at this photo

This also shows a 'B' aircraft called Passion Wagon, but with the newer nose art and only 4 kills

g4-a4.jpg

That the first mystery.

Now referring to Dr. Frank Olynyk's book Stars and Bars: A Tribute to the American Fighter Ace 1920-1973, he states Captain Chas Weaver's kills as:

Capt. Charles E. Weaver

Sep 19 Me-109 P-51B 362 FS S of Zuider Zee

Nov 17 2 FW-190s P-51D “ S of Magdeburg

“ FW-190 prob, dmg “ “ “

Dec 23 Me-109 “ “ N of Donauworth

Jan 14 Me-109, FW-190 “ “ NW of Berlin

Mar 24 Me-109 “ “ W of Gutersloh

Apr 18 Me-262 “ “ Prague-Ruzney A/D

So in 1944 Cpt Weaver has 4 kills but only one flying a 'B' So how has he got 4 and 6 kill marks on his 'B'

And according to Kits World Decals he finished the war with 11 kills on his 2nd P-51-D but the records (if they are to be believed say he only got 8 kills.

What I'm trying to find out is when Cpt Weaver definitely got his kills and on what aircraft? also when did he take ownership of Passion Wagon and when did he swap to a 'D' ?

Any one...

Thanks Andy, I knew about the transfer, and now I have it all worked out from yours' and others info.

Basically Kit's work are showing Robersons' aircraft with 6 kills, and If I want to do it as Weaver's I need to show only four kills.

Also I can see that the Green/grey demarcation on the nose is higher than on other aircraft and has been done freehand and not masked.

Thanks for the pointers

The second picture is a D.

Yes thanks, on reflection I had mistaken it for a 'B'