Lots to do... so little time

Basosz

I've started this Hornet about... a long time ago but never finished it. Now I am preparing for the Mustang STGB and need some space on my bench. So the Hornet will have to turn blue to make it an Angel.

It only needed painting so that's what I did today alongside an exercise Stang build.

No pics of the priming stage so this is what it looks like now:

Is it blue enough? Probably not. It's a very hard colour to replicate with Revell Aqua paints. Still, I think I've done good enough.

P1130646.jpg

Different bits also sprayed

P1130647.jpg

Bottom side

P1130650.jpg

Looking good Basosz. My Academy 1/32 Hornet keeps calling me (bought in a moment of madness in the MZ sale)

Thanks. I got frustrated by the decals yesterday and almost made it a non-RC-but-still-flying-model-plane. The fit of the decals is pretty bad and they had a tendency to break so I just wanted to finish it and be done.

It's now done.

If you don't particularly like it, neither do I but at least it's off the bench :P

P1130653.jpg

P1130655.jpg

P1130656.jpg

• 1 month later...

Right then... got a bit of a boost from the F-104G cockpit in the Big Scale GB so I had a go at finishing some German stuff I had started a long time ago. It's a Sd.Kfz 10/4 with FLAK 30 and this is where I left it before the Kick up the Backside:

P1130013.jpg

P1130015.jpg

And this is what I have done to kinda sorta finish it. This will go in a diorama with about 15 other vehicles and even a Bronco Bailey Bridge and will receive some final weathering when that Dio is on the table (or rather... when the Dio IS the table... I plan to make it huge) but for now I'm calling this done:

P1130760.jpg

P1130762.jpg

P1130763.jpg

P1130764.jpg

P1130765.jpg

P1130766.jpg

P1130767.jpg

Now that's muddy

I know :P That's the whole idea since the Dio is going to be based in the Ardennes in 1944. Mid winter and in terrible weather. I'm going to make the conditions for those plastic Germans absolutely despondent :D