French Recon Mustang

Hi

A few photos of the build so far, well i hope photos as this is my first time putting photos on thanks Martin for showing me how at Aviation workshops open day.

Photo 1 the parts

P51bmgb2.jpg

photo 2 painting the cockpit and a few other bits, did this on Sat night hope to get more done monday, a small step at a time.

P51bmgb3.jpg

This is the first Mustang i have done since about 1971 ish a Airfix one i think.

Less of this computor stuff and back to the model desk.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi just a quick update the kit is being done just forgot to do photos on photobucket.

Fuselarge togeather, flaps moding, u/c detailing, prop moding, so been moving along with it.

Hope to get photos sort at the w/e.

Paul

Hi Paul

I think your the one Frog Mustang and good to see ,look forward

To seeing your build.

wellzy :headphones:

Edited by wellzy

Hi

A couple of photos taken a while back in the build, more done since see above.

Hope to get more done later, and to take more photos.

DSC_7028.jpg

DSC_7027.jpg

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I keep forgetting to do photos, here are a few more from a while back (might get up to date some time !!), the wings are on now and just finishing the seams clean up. I have all so done a few other smaller things so coming a long.

This is a very quick build for me so quite strange in a way.

I got the paint this w/e at M/K show so thats sorted and i all so splashed out on a set of MDC brass seat belts for it which i hope to get sorted this week.

DSC_70372.jpg

DSC_70432.jpg

DSC_70442.jpg

DSC_70452.jpg

More later

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

A update, i have got along quite a bit, still away to go.

DSC_7125.jpg

DSC_7133.jpg

I have done the underside camra, i was lucky this week at my branch meet on of the lads brought in some kits and one was the Airfix 24th P51 K kit

which i have been after for ages and at £17.00 i just had to have it.

I copyed the one in the kit and as it is 24th and iam doing a 48th i just 1/2 all the sizes.

DSC_7134.jpg

I copyed the D/F loop all so.

DSC_7145.jpg

I have all so made the prop blades more like the real things.

DSC_7143.jpg

DSC_7151-1.jpg

starting the painting.

I hope to get more done later to day after work, i should just get it finished by the close of the G/B , this bit is just like the last few days before the NAT'S each year.

See ya

Paul

Hi

A bit more of a update, i have done a lot more this week but have had to re-do a lot of the painting again and again it just would not stay on just lifted all the time, so aim a bit behind than i would have wished.

I think i can finish it it will be close, i just have to finish of the u/c legs and seat and if i can get all the painting finished and the varnish on by close of play tonight and leave it to dry and make a early start on Sunday with the transfers it should be ok.

p51bmgbDSC_7154-Copy.jpg

Seat just got to paint and put the P/E straps on it.

p51bmgbDSC_7156-Copy.jpg

The legs at the start of moding them a lot further along now jst got to add the pipes.

p51bmgbDSC_7157-Copy.jpg

One of the mainy re-paints.

p51bmgbDSC_7163-Copy.jpg

some of the bits

p51bmgbDSC_7162-Copy.jpg

The prop just got to finish the yellow tips and the markings and this is ready.

p51bmgbDSC_7165-Copy.jpg

Some more bits mostly small stuff if any thing to finish of i hope !!!.

p51bmgbDSC_7166-Copy.jpg

90% of the paint on the main bit is finished.

p51bmgbDSC_7159-Copy.jpg

the other side.

Well thats it as of 13.00hrs today, more will be done later today,i hope to finish it late on sunday just in time for the close of the group build if i do not knock of the D/F loop again after the 3rd time

i just left it and i will make a new one at the end and this will be one of the last things to fit.

Just got to go out now for a hour or so then back to the build when i get back.

Paul

Hi

More of a update, the main lot is ready and the varnished, i will leave over night to dry.

Seat has just got to have the harnes painted and fitted.

Main U/C has just got to have the brake hose done, and finish painting.

Canopy has just got to have a small amount of painting to do.

Prop just the markings added.

That just leaves the markings to do, i should get it done i think if all goses well.

p51bmgbDSC_7169.jpg

Ready for the last leg on Sunday.

Off for a nights kip now.

See ya

Paul

A Quick up date while i have a short break.

The markings are on, i was going to use the kit sten details, but as they were in the water they just broke up all of them, so no prop markings and other details.

I have looked at the photos i have of French P51's and they with luck do not seam to carry much any way so a not to bad a loss.

Well on to the last leg, should get it done in time if all gose well in the next few hours.

p51bmgbDSC_7171.jpg

p51bmgbDSC_7172.jpg

The Tamiya kit decals whats left of them.

p51bmgbDSC_7175.jpg

p51bmgbDSC_7177.jpg

p51bmgbDSC_7176.jpg

Thats it for now must press on.

Paul

Thanks All

I have had a good time doing this GB. Would have liked to have got a bit off weathering on it,i will do that later.

This is the 1st GB i have done, i wanted to finish it and i did, for me this was a quick build.

I think the next Mustang will be one of the ICM kits i got the other day a C and D or i might start the Airfix 24th K as a F-6D with 3 camra fit as in the kit.

They will be French Reccon aircraft as my plan has been for a number of years to do all the mk's that they flew in a number of scales and this GB has now kick started that.

Many thanks for looking will try better next time, so its on to the next GB the VC 10 in April.

See you then

Paul

Edited by PaulT 876