Cold War Warrior

Hi

Heres my Eduard 1:48 Su-7MK, Indian Air force, No.32 Squadron, 1982. I used Quickboost air intakes and vents, which were an excellent fit. Paints used were Vallejo. This was a usual struggle with trying to hold on to tiny etched parts-but finish looks great in cockpit-especially seatbelts and consoles. Resin seat is a work of art. Didnt arm the Fitter as weapons and tanks were not moulded very well.

Cheers

Robert :)

002-1.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

003-1.jpg

Really great stuff Robert. Is the striping decal or did you mask it up? Either way a really excellent job on this Cold War brute. What paints did you use if I may?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Robert

Incidentally if you wanted to add some weapons Aerobonus (by Aires) are doing some really nice Soviet kit. I just got hold of some UB-16-57 Rocket launchers for my SU-25 - they are lovely. I'll be going this way again on my Russian aircraft

Cheers

Hi Folks

Talking about weapons-im not sure but i thought i read somewhere that Indian airforce and Pakistani combat aircraft carried nuclear weapons on pylons. Does anyone have any links/photos with the Fitter carrying this type of weapon. Also i havent asked, but why this type of marking on the tail?

Cheers

Robert

Hi Folks

Talking about weapons-im not sure but i thought i read somewhere that Indian airforce and Pakistani combat aircraft carried nuclear weapons on pylons. Does anyone have any links/photos with the Fitter carrying this type of weapon. Also i havent asked, but why this type of marking on the tail?

Cheers

Robert

Indian retired these in 1986, before the introduction of air transportable nuclear bombs.

IAF fighters carried mainy strange schemes to improve visaibility in air combat exercises.

Regards Phil

• 3 months later...

Very nice work, thats defiantely a striking scheme.