Grumman C-2A Greyhound in 1/72

fw190ddora

I mastered the moulds for the one available from ID Models back in the late '70's. I sued the drawings which were published in IPMS USA mag. I still have one pair of fuselage halves and a Fujimi kit but better than that I have a completed model from a friends collection, sadly he passed away a few years back.

Colin on the Africa Station

• 8 years later...

Any updates on this topic? The photos on zone five page had been removed. I also thinking of going the same route. Fujimi E-2C, RVHP C-2 kit and Wolf pack folded wings 

I sold my Falcon vac and Fujimi kits a while back because I just didn't have the time/skills for the project.   And then, I would have had to source some decals too!

I took a hop on one from Korea to Japan back in 80' when I was a Midshipman and wanted to model one since they were an important part of the fleet.  A noisy, rearward-facing ride but nice to be headed home on!

I REALLY wish Hasegawa would make a nice, new C-2A along the lines of their excellent E-2C.  It sure would cut down on the price of buying a kit AND a conversion set!

WARDOG

Edited by WARDOG
Spelling errors
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 5:56 AM, tonywood said:

North Wing Model Craft from Japan do / did an excellent resin conversion for the Hasegawa E-2. 

I bought mine directly from them a few years back. 

I search for them, I think pricing is competitive compared to RVHP. But their base donor is still a Hasegawa kit. 

On 5/17/2020 at 6:09 AM, Richard E said:

@Dermo245 is working on a conversion using the Falcon fuselage in this WIP thread

I m following his build, is the vacuum form conversion cheaper? I think it’s way above my skill level.