RAF Version of USAF T.O. 1-1-4?

e8n2

Don't know if this has ever been asked before, but does, or did, the RAF ever have its own version of the USAF Tech Order 1-1-4? That is the T.O. that covers such things as size of serial numbers on the tails of aircraft, what color the landing gear bays and doors are supposed to be, as well as the various different camouflage patterns to be used by aircraft.

Thanks,

Dave Shreeve

Hi

I think there was a link to a copy of the RAF one, posted on the flypast forum,I might have downloaded a copy, I will try to search my backup hardrive in the next few days.

cheers

Jerry

Hi

I think there was a link to a copy of the RAF one, posted on the flypast forum,I might have downloaded a copy, I will try to search my backup hardrive in the next few days.

cheers

Jerry

Sounds like AP119A-0601 series, I think there was a thread on Flypast Forum about it

John

Sounds like AP119A-0601 series, I think there was a thread on Flypast Forum about it

John

I have a copy of this document in a zip file format, if you have problems locating it elsewhere.

It is a very usefull and informative document.

It expands into a 6 section pdf document each can be printed off as required.

I HAVE RECENTLY CHECKED THE FILE SIZE IT IS 167 mb too big for e-mails.

Can send sections

Derek

Edited by dwh

I've been out of town for a few days so this was my first chance to catch up. Thanks for the info and I will be looking for the file.

I have a copy of this document in a zip file format, if you have problems locating it elsewhere.

It is a very usefull and informative document.

It expands into a 6 section pdf document each can be printed off as required.

Derek

I would appreciate that. I did some searching for it earlier this morning and only came up with references to it but no links to download it.

Later,

Dave

I would appreciate that. I did some searching for it earlier this morning and only came up with references to it but no links to download it.

Later,

Dave

Dave

PM Sent

Derek

Sorry Guys.

Even the pdf files are too large to send by e-mail,

Will try and find a way to send.

There is still a link for complete file download still available

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app...qayttUUZjR0E9PQ

Again apologies :(:angry:

Many thanks: successfully downloaded. Well, it all ought to be in there somewhere. Many thanks again for the link.

Sorry Guys.

Even the pdf files are too large to send by e-mail,

Will try and find a way to send.

There is still a link for complete file download still available

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app...qayttUUZjR0E9PQ

Again apologies :(:angry:

I just now downloaded it. Many thanks, and I see a number of others are taking advantage of the link too!

Later,

Dave :D

• 8 years later...

I still have the zip file, but have no idea where to post the file to for a new link.  I doubt if Flickr would let me post a PDF file.  Anybody else have an idea or a newer working link?

Later,

Dave

13 hours ago, alt-92 said:

OneDrive/GoogleDrive? seeing as you get these offered with any Windows PC or Android phone/tablet...

Don't want anything to do with Google or even One Drive.  Don't trust them to leave your stuff alone or not be vulnerable to hacking.  Just got through with a lot of work related training that included what should be obvious to anyone, don't post classified information on a third party cloud system.

Later,

Dave

• Confused 1

I too would be interested in a digital copy of AP119A-0601.  I contacted the RAF Museum about getting a copy, but that would be a paper photocopy, which I would prefer to avoid if possible...

Thanks,

Mike

On 1/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, e8n2 said:

I still have the zip file, but have no idea where to post the file to for a new link.  I doubt if Flickr would let me post a PDF file.  Anybody else have an idea or a newer working link?

Later,

Dave

What about Mediafire, Wetransfer?

13 hours ago, JayBee said:

What about Mediafire, Wetransfer?

Are you required to have an account with them?  Has anyone done a new search for AP119A-0601?  I can tell you that it really wasn't what I expected at first, but fits in with the RAF way of doing things.  There are just a few drawings which are set for things like the wingspan and number of engines.  If you have ever seen the basic drawings of the camo patterns used by the RAF during WW II, then you will have and idea of what I am talking about.  For example, all of the USAF fighter types using in Vietnam had their own particular scheme.  The RAF would have used the same basic pattern for each fighter type. 

Later,

Dave

I just did a fresh search on AP119A-0601 and it is not around anymore, at least that I could find.

Edited by e8n2
New Info

• 1 month later...

Note that the walkway (inc roundel) is matt. I think sand was added to the paint to give grip & reduce the gloss.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Y5cOCcm" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/Y5cOCcm"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>