Revell KC-10

• 1 month later...

Well I have finally started on my KUTA build, a Revell 1/144 KC-10 which has been in the build pile for the last 6-7 years. It has ben painted and stripped at least 5 times and is suffering from over handling. The engine pylons are very week and I keep knocking the engines off. I think some sort of rod in the pylon is in order.

Anyway I though I would just finish the paintwork but had decided to tidy it up a bit as well. The intakes are poorly engineered so I have lined them with a tube of card. Then I faired them in with putty which now needs cleaning up.

I have taken a few pictures but have not got them off the camera yet. I will update the post with pictures soon and carry on with the refurbishment.

I have a decal set from Draw decal which will finish it off.

Pictures to follow soon...

OK,

Here is how the model stood before my latest attempt to finish it...

KC-10KUTA-SM.jpg

I started to rub back some of the paint, runs etc and then decided to try and fix the intakes.

KC-10KUTA-SM1.jpg

Oops lost and engine! We're going down! :D As I said the pylons have become very fragile and will need some reinforcing.

KC-10KUTA-SM2.jpg

I rolled up some thin plastic sheet and glued it into the intakes.

KC-10KUTA-SM4.jpg

KC-10KUTA-SM5.jpg

After the glue was set I cut the extra off and started to fair them in with some putty.

KC-10KUTA-SM7.jpg

Next will be to start more sanding and hit them with a primer to see what else needs doing.