Action Man Knights Templar

Here's the latest buy.. A rather nice beardy chap, who arrived in the post today.

_D9O9428-1.jpg

_D9O9431.jpg

Unfortunately, his clothes haven't arrived from Singapore yet, but when should that ever stop a young chap?

Something for the weekend my liege?

_D9O9432.jpg

:o

More to follow.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by dylan the rabbit

Here's the link Paul.. Linky

So, after a while, all the bits and bobs arrived by mail.

I bought some 2nd hand Ignite "Walter von Geroldseck (The Bishop of Strasbourg)" clothes and after airing them for a few days and then fumigating them with burning frankincense (they smelt damp, and why not add to the realism?), they were ready to go on. A tight fit, and I had to remove the chaps head and hands to get them on.

The hands are from my old DID Private Williams figure, and are much better at holding the sword.

The sword and belt are from Ignite, the shield is Dragon, and the helmet is another Ignite Geroldseck offering, with the plastic top taken off it.. There is a hole in the top of the helmet to fill in as a result of this, which shouldn't be a big deal, and I think I'll respray it..

I think he looks cracking, and I'm debating as to whether to leave him as is, or continue with converting him to the Templar knight (which will involve re-tailoring the Ignite surcoat, making a cloak and respraying the shield).

_D9O9922.jpg

_D9O9919.jpg

_D9O9923.jpg

_D9O9926.jpg

_D9O9927.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks everyone.

The latest update...

I tried bleaching the green out of the Ignite von Geroldseck surcoat, but no joy.

So, I bought some nice cotton material to make a cloak and surcoat, thinking I could make it myself, but then gave in and took the cloth to an Indian tailor to knock up.

I'll start work on the respray of the shield and helmet later this week.

That's all for the mo.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's what the tailor knocked up, and I'm really, really happy with it.

_D9O1205.jpg

_D9O1206.jpg

_D9O1208.jpg

A full, tailored surcoat and cloak, made from stretchy 100% cotton. Doesn't crease, and looks right in scale. A little difficult to work with he said, but looks the business.

He even included a cord drawstring in the cloak neck, which I replaced with string (as in real life it would have been the same thickness as a rope).

A little expensive, but worth it.

Next step will be adding the crucifix and crosses, for which I'll use iron on transfers.

Happy Christmas everyone, and see you soon.

Nick

• 1 month later...

Looks neat, how I would have liked stuff like that when I was young.

When I was a kid, my Dad made me an action man suit of armour out of tin cans, all lovingly beaten into jointed armour for the arms and legs. A clam-shell like body and helmet with visor. My mom knitted a tight fitting silverish woollen 'one piece' for the chainmail. Not perfect, but it was the closest you seemed to be able to get to an action man suit of armour in about 1980, I loved it.

ian