What, unfinished models? By me?

TonyG

KUTA time already? Where's the last year gone?

Okay, got a few things that do need to be finished off that have been sat there daring me to pick up glue/paint/etc for far too long now.

1/35 Panther II - it's nearly there apart from the tracks and the tools.

1/72 TSR-2 - the body is glued together, but it kind of got put to one side during the Bomber GB and never picked up again.

That's for starters, think there may be more if I look hard enough. I'd add the Stirling from the Bomber GB but that's really just waiting for the Wellington to catch up so I can paint the two together.

Made a bit of a start by digging the kits out, but have now managed to lose the password to my Flickr account so no pics until I either find it again or set up another account...

But I did manage to get the bonker plates sanded off the TSR2's wings - seeing as this one's going to be XR219. Also sorted out the track links on the Panther II. There's how many bits need to be stuck together?????

p.s. Mish, this isn't the TSR that I bought off you, I'm practising on this one first, before attempting that one in 1/48.

Hello,'m waiting for the TSR.2 too. :clap2:

I have the 1/48 kit in stock.Will be watching yours with interest.

Edited by Amen

• 1 month later...

Right, having been inspired by Mish's valiant build of the TSR2 I've picked mine up again (and put the spitfire and 1/200 Vulcan down). Here's what I'm starting with in the KUTA...

6680880537_25a7f2a443_b.jpg

The green thing on the left is a Panther II aka a target for the flyboys on here.

Edited by TonyG

Made a bit more progress with this, including using the wing-join tips from Mish's thread. Think it's cut down the filler usage dramatically. They work! Hopefully will have some new pics either tonight or tomorrow.

Finally, some progress. Main wing on, bit of filler added, u/c legs painted and washed, cockpit tinted.. That trick with joining the upper fuselage pieces to the wing before putting them on the fuselage has worked a treat, except for the gap in the airbrake well.

6716664899_7ff2b5b529_b.jpg

P.S. Anyone know how to add the rear u/c legs after the bottom piece has been added?

Edited by TonyG

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a bit of a move on with this. Underside is now on, and so are the rear u/c legs. Had a bit of a problem with th e underside in that it took lots of fettling to make it fit. Ended up having to saw through one of the thin bits to get it to lie flat - think the part was twisted in some way during fitting. Still needs a bit of filler here and there.

6817640239_e5abf837c9_b.jpg

6817640657_75a0098b83_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think I'm going to get this one done now... apart from not having had too much free time recently, I think I had a shot at getting too many other kits to the finish line at the same time - Airfix Wellington, Hasegawa Lancia Stratos, Dragon Panther II, Revell Lightning, Airfix Stirling, ICM Bergepanther, Dragon Vulcan.

But I did manage to finish an Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Vb and a Revell 1/72 ME 109, but I couldn't count them as part of the KUTA because I started both after the start date.