C130 doing unusual attitudes !

woody37

that was ace! is he a frustrated fighter pilot? lol

i know nothing but was the stall warning being a bit twitchy when he landed? it looked fine to my untrained eye?

i assume it was more than brakes that stopped it that quick can the herc reverse the blade pitch?

very impressive

I did wonder - the audio sounded continous but the overhead weather changed from what looked like solid overcast to clear blue skies in a second or so. Was the video a compilation over two days?

Edited by JohnT

A Mad bit of impressive flying!

Saw the USAF Herc flying at Farnborough on one of the trade days! I feel they are putting the C130J through its paces as the company has stiff competition from Airbus

there is still a lot of life in the aircraft yet!

I remember a trip to Lyneham many moons ago, with the Air Cadets ('81-ish?).

Fg Off Public Relations (or whatever his name was) said you can't tip a Herc' onto its side, as it will fall out of the sky.

We'll, judging by that the newer ones are a whole lot better.

Crazy flying. :wacko:

That was great. what a ride:)

i Shot that :) was working for LM at the Paris show, it was the last C130J display flight they were going to fly and really wanted some onboard footage, so we got a couple of in car iPhone mounts and stuck them in the cockpit, its actually a composite of 4 different flights (only had the 1 iPhone heh) which shows how well wayne and steve choreographed the flight each time.

glad you all liked it

Very nice, rolling off those steep climbs semi-inverted looks particularly impressive with such a large aircraft. As for the stall warning, I suspect it goes off well above the stall speed to give adequate warning; these systems are usually around to give the pilot warning so he would know about it well before it arrived. Also it looked to me like he was deliberately doing a short-field landing with minimum stop-distance (looked like reverse-thrust on the props, too) presumably to show that feature off - that could mean a slower "over the hedge" speed than usual.

Help.......................I managed to watch it yesterday, but am now taken to Vimeo login. Despite creating an account, I can't find it :raincloud: It's too good to lose...............

Ronnie