GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

How far advanced can the model be to enter? cos i have one thats like 80% there, but its been 80% for the last year and a half :P

I blew up my single stalled build last week!

That was a bit extreme Don! I'm not too fond of my Matchbox A-1E but destroying it hasn't (yet) crossed my mind...

Andy

I've just worked out/realised I have 6 kits that are in various states of progress :huh: so i really should join this with at least 2

My main priority kits ATM are the Angel Interceptor for a Xmas present and 1/48 Hawk which may be RFI'd this week (with enough avoidance of uni work :P ), so I should choose the two that have been languishing for the longest...

First up, my Academy 1/350 Graf Spee, which i've had for over a year now...with nothing glued to the hull except railings. Most superstructures are nearly finished, but it all needs a fair bit of painting, so that is target 1

My other target will be my Revell 1/48 Warthog. I was going well on this, then 'lost' the front undercarriage cover so gave up for ~6 months. Lo and behold when i had a rummage today in the box, there it was. :doh: Cockpit looks pretty good, sub-assemblies mostly together, so fit it all together, paint, and then tackle the hundred or so decals :wacko:

It may be a bit ambitious to get all four of these done, but i suppose this is the point of the collective KUTA, and the first two should be done fairly soon anyways...

I think I'm actually going to give this one a body swerve! I've managed to complete everything I've started recently,

so the only unfinished stuff I've got is unstarted (!) or a real work in progress . . .

I've got a couple models that could be KUTA'ed. I do want to get two B-17's finished in time for Xmas. They could be good candidates for a double header thread. Then I have a half builf He 111 and two Fw 190's. All these are 1/72.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

I also will be building something in the Mustang STGB, but thats by the by. :P

I currently have a bench of nearly finished models so I guess I'll start a thread and see how far I get with them. It will hopefully feature a DC3, a Harrier from that GB, a Piper Warrior and ...... a Saturn V from KUTA III. Three of these are very nearly done, the rocket on the other hand is a different story....

Cheers

Graham

Is it too late to join in even though the group build has started now? I've got a few un-finished models, mostly in the painting stages which I either ran into problems or just lost steam on them. Options include a 1/72 TSR.2 which needs the paint stripping back and re-applying (bits in the paint) a 1/48 Airfix Hurricane I started for last year's Battle of Britain GB and put a load of scratch-building into (this needs stripping back and re-finishing as it's just a pants job of the paint), and a 1/48 Lightning F.1 that I just could't get the paint shiny enough - I'm thinking I might try foiling it instead. All of these things require a KUTA to finish them off, and I've got a few other more minor bits and bobs lurking around the place, too...

Is it too late to join in even though the group build has started now? I've got a few un-finished models, mostly in the painting stages which I either ran into problems or just lost steam on them. Options include a 1/72 TSR.2 which needs the paint stripping back and re-applying (bits in the paint) a 1/48 Airfix Hurricane I started for last year's Battle of Britain GB and put a load of scratch-building into (this needs stripping back and re-finishing as it's just a pants job of the paint), and a 1/48 Lightning F.1 that I just could't get the paint shiny enough - I'm thinking I might try foiling it instead. All of these things require a KUTA to finish them off, and I've got a few other more minor bits and bobs lurking around the place, too...

Dave, welcome and you can start any time you want right up to the end. I won't be starting my own build till Christmas time I think.

Thanks Mish! I can't make up my mind about what new build to start right now anyway, as I'm finishing off a load of 1/72 and 1/76 vehicles for a wargame at the moment. Maybe busting out a stalled project will give me back my enthusiasm for a proper aircraft build again!

Thanks!

Well, this is rather embarassing but I can't seem to find the partially-built Dauntless. :blush: I had to move some things around last month and I may have absentmindedly tossed it in the wrong box. If I can't locate it by Monday I think I'll enter with a prewar USAAF A-17 and a Kittyhawk Mk. I from 111 Sqn., RCAF.

(It does count as started if the cockpit's been painted and a few of the interior pieces glued together, I trust?)

Edited by Sabre_days