RAF Harrier GR.7/9 1/32

Piero

Hello my friends,

thank you for your kindly words on my models!!!

Even if it passes the time between an update and another, I am here with an important progress.

This final phase of construction and detail involved the addition of those small parts such as the fences on the wing leading edge, the rows of vortex generators on the wing itself (11 per wing!), the air scoops, the GPS antenna, the connection between the fuselage and the wing/LERX, the base for the extended IFRP and so on...

At the end I've refined the panel lines and put on some rivets where more evident as in the rear section of the fuselage.

Here the GR.7 with the 100% LERX:

GR79_116.jpg

GR79_117.jpg

GR79_118.jpg

GR79_119.jpg

GR79_120.jpg

GR79_126.jpg

Here the GR.9A with the 65% LERX:

GR79_121.jpg

GR79_122.jpg

GR79_123.jpg

GR79_124.jpg

GR79_125.jpg

Now my two Harrier GR.7/9A are ready for painting stage!!!

CIAO!

Piero

Love the detail.

Have you considered adding the 'stops' to the auxiliary intakes. I can't recall anyone having featured these before - apologies if I'm wrong.

Definitely possible in this scale.

Harrier_GR_7_007.jpg

Excellent work.

deecee

Here I am again with another update.

I’m sorry but I have not taken pictures of the early stages of the painting ... but so are always the same: a Neutral Grey as primer was sprayed on the entire models, than Flat Black for preshading along the panels, some Flat White on spot of light and then go with camouflage colors.

The ZD433 “Dity Harry” has various patches of Dark Sea Grey, Dark Camouflage Grey and Medium Sea Grey all over the airframe.

GR79_127.jpg

GR79_129.jpg

GR79_135.jpg

GR79_132.jpg

GR79_134.jpg

Now I’ve to put a lot of patches of Medium Sea Grey and pure Dark Sea Grey here and there…

The ZG500 has the standard mod-95 with Dark Sea Grey over Dark Camouflage Grey.

GR79_128.jpg

GR79_130.jpg

GR79_131.jpg

GR79_133.jpg

A Flat White wraparound camouflage pattern will follows in a couple of days.

All colors used are acrylics from Gunze’s range.

CIAO!

Piero

Hello my frined, thank you very much for the comments on my Harriers!

The GR.7 "Snow Falcon" one was left parcked last week, just because I can only paint one model at time...

Ok, now the ZD433 is in the final stage of painting.

Almost a week (only the evening…) was necessary to mask time to time the various panels and then spraying the different shades of grey.

At the same time various details such as antennas ECM / RWR, “yellowish” tape on the wing leading edge and so on have already been painted.

GR79_136.jpg

GR79_137.jpg

GR79_140.jpg

GR79_138.jpg

GR79_141.jpg

GR79_142.jpg

GR79_143.jpg

Now its time to seal the paint with a good layer of gloss varnish to prepare the model for washing and decaling.

CIAO!

Piero

Edited by Piero

You're doing a stunning job on these Harriers Piero, I'd really like to have a go at one of these, but your builds inspire me and put me off in equal measure!!

Phil

So very true!

Hello,

just a small update this week, I've worked on the external load.

I've modified the SNIPER targeting pod from Wolfpack Design.

Upgrade were made adding the "communication box" on top of the rear part e and 3 small antennas under the airscoop intake.

I've scratch builded the adapter between the ventral pylon and the pod itself.

GR79_144.jpg

GR79_145.jpg

I want load this GR.9A with training rounds, so I've modified a resin/metal LGB CPU-123/b from Flightpath to be upgraded as and E-Paveway II model.

GR79_146.jpg

At the same time I started a couple of external fuel tanks from an old Hasegawa's A-4s.

An AGM-65 Maverick inert drill will follow soon.

CIAO!

Piero