Italeri 1/24 FFR Landrover

havoc

Cheers mate, I think it is based on the 321. I had one of these and a 349 if I remember correctly when I was out on patrol etc. I've just got another in the stash. Still got to complete my 1/24 KFS Ferret as well. 

Excellent Landy build, love the paint job really bring it alive. Reminds me so much  of the good time when I was in the services, love  the paint job on the seats, makes the look as uncomfortable as they were then

• Like 1

This build and a couple of others I have seen inspired me to try this kit myself. Took a bit of hunting around but have managed to get my hands on one.

Made a start today by filling in the fuel filler recess, every FFR I crewed had two tanks one below each front seat. I also removed the fuel tank and will cut it and fit it so that a small part protrudes below the chassis at the correct location. I'm certain that a small part could just be seen.

Hope I can do as good a job as you have with the painting and weathering.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2017 at 11:07 PM, Ian Suds said:

This build and a couple of others I have seen inspired me to try this kit myself. Took a bit of hunting around but have managed to get my hands on one.

Made a start today by filling in the fuel filler recess, every FFR I crewed had two tanks one below each front seat. I also removed the fuel tank and will cut it and fit it so that a small part protrudes below the chassis at the correct location. I'm certain that a small part could just be seen.

Hope I can do as good a job as you have with the painting and weathering.  

Ian

Here is the build I have of my Lightweight and if you go to page 2 you will see how I went about the twin tanks ! You are right that they are very obvious when looking from the sides and would be needed if you are losing the rear tank !

Looking forward to seeing more Landies appear !

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64146-124-landrover-lightweight/&page=2

Nige