1/72nd Soviet army trucks

robert26

Hi Folks

Does anyone know who makes 1/72nd army trucks from the cold war. Im thinking about sitting a couple next to a bomber/transport aircraft on runway diorama im planning.

Cheers

Robert

there is a whole load of russian trucks in 1/72 both ww2 and postwar.

they are made by companies in the ussr like

um, millitary wheel, ace ect, an ebay search will soon come up with lost under trucks, 1/72 in model kits.

some how ever contain a lot of parts and do not go together very well, bad locating points ect.

good luck.

ICM are very nice kits, albeit that they sometimes try to mould parts a little finer than their modelling technology allows - makes for a fiddly build!

I built this Urals truck a few years ago. The same base kit is availble with an aircraft refueller body, plus the same bodies on differnet base trucks.

Urals 43203 Command Vehicle

FredT :)

Thanks for that. Ive build the 1;48 ICM Spitfire IX which included the engine. Did not manage to add the engine but got it finished. Ive got the Henschel spotter plane sitting unfinished somewhere nearby:) Ural trucks look ok. But i sometimes forget how really small this scale can be.

Cheers Fred

Robert

Edited by robert26

Robert,

What aircraft you have planned to include in this diorama? Can you show us pics of the runway you have in your mind? I am planning to build the same for the Roden 1/72 An-12 Kit..I have the aircraft built, Yet to build the fuel bowzer and airfield ...

Thanks

Vivek

Robert,

What aircraft you have planned to include in this diorama? Can you show us pics of the runway you have in your mind? I am planning to build the same for the Roden 1/72 An-12 Kit..I have the aircraft built, Yet to build the fuel bowzer and airfield ...

Thanks

Vivek

Hi Vivek

I was thinking about using the Trumpeter TU22 TM2 Backfire B and a couple of trucks. Ive been inspired by Yefim Gordons Book Soviet Strategic aviation in the Cold War. Pictures show rectangular concrete hard standing, but im sure that i saw somewhere hexagonal concrete sections.

003.jpg

An-12 would look good on an airfield setting. What do u think?

Robert

• 6 years later...

Okay, it's an old thread, but...

If you like to used soviet / russian Trucks on an Airfield you must look for AVD Models.

Here are some of them:

Tanker  Fire Engine AC-40 (130)-63B

Fire Pump Engine PNS-110 (131)-131A

Tanker Fire Engine AC-40 (131) -137A

ZiL-130 truck

UMP-350 (131)

SKP-11 (130)

01.jpg

and a snow blower, a search light, a sweeping and dust supression machine and some trucks .

modelldoc

Try these guys in Kiev for the various brands of Russian trucks discussed above, and more.  https://2017.hobby.dn.ua/

Those of you thinking of airfield dioramas will find they do some airfield accessories too.  Dan Models, possibly.  But have a surf through the brands: lots of stuff you just don't see in the UK.  I think there may be some ground or air crew figures in there somewhere.

Prices are very keen, even allowing for the risk of import VAT.  If you can pay in Grivna (local currency) on your card (not possible with UK PayPal) the prices are even keener at the moment with the Euro exchange rate being in the toilet.  Your card provider will charge you £3 or 4.  Obviously not economic on a single kit but value for money is very good if you want a bunch.

I've used them many times and am about to spend another £300 or so with them.  I have found them to be entirely reliable.

• 1 month later...