Has anyone retro converted a Boeing 767

Radar

Hi All,

I purchased the marvellous Zvezda 1:144 Boeing 767-300 at Telford. I need to convert it to a 767-200 as I intend to build aJSDF E-767 AWACS with it. Does anyone know of this being done before or have any hints/tips as the best way to approach it or the measurements? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian S.

Hi All,

I purchased the marvellous Zvezda 1:144 Boeing 767-300 at Telford. I need to convert it to a 767-200 as I intend to build aJSDF E-767 AWACS with it. Does anyone know of this being done before or have any hints/tips as the best way to approach it or the measurements? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian S.

Look here .

Happy modeling!

Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian S.

Hi Ian

a little tip when rejoining the fuselages

cut a piece of plastic tube i used some 1" pvc when i converted the Zvezda 767-300 into a -400ER it helps to locate the fuselage back together obviously with the -200 you wont have the gaps , I do all my conversions this way

heres a couple of pics

SH104075.jpg

SH104073.jpg

SH104077.jpg

UA767-424ER-2.jpg

Go to Draw decal website he has all the dimensions for shortening the body http://www.drawdecal.com/store/index.php?d...&page_id=10

hope this helps you

Richard

• Like 1

Thanks Guys

Some good gen, Richard lovely model and clever idea, I'll nip down to B&Q for some pipe.

Babay, terrific link great pity that site doesn't have an English converter button, I wonder how that chap managed that horizontal cut along the fuselage on his staggered joint? Thanks again. Jennings, thanks for the spot on the tail bumber I'd missed that one.

Thanks all again.

Ian S.

Thanks Guys

Some good gen, Richard lovely model and clever idea, I'll nip down to B&Q for some pipe.

Babay, terrific link great pity that site doesn't have an English converter button, I wonder how that chap managed that horizontal cut along the fuselage on his staggered joint? Thanks again. Jennings, thanks for the spot on the tail bumber I'd missed that one.

Thanks all again.

Ian S.

Just use google translate.

Rich,

Crickey mate, just what I was looking for. That diagram couldn't be any clearer thanks a lot, I'll dig out the razor saw.

Does anyone know what percentage I would have to increase a scan of a set of 1:200 scale JSDF decals for the E-6 AWACS to get them the right size for 1:144 scale?

I have purchased ( the very odd 1:200 scale) Hasegawa kit of the E-6 and intend to scale up the decals to use on my 1:144 scale conversion of the Zevzda kit.

Thanks everyone

Ian S.

Does anyone know what percentage I would have to increase a scan of a set of 1:200 scale JSDF decals for the E-6 AWACS to get them the right size for 1:144 scale?

I have purchased ( the very odd 1:200 scale) Hasegawa kit of the E-6 and intend to scale up the decals to use on my 1:144 scale conversion of the Zevzda kit.

Divide the scale you have (1:200) by the scale you want (1:144), which gives you 1.3888888 - 139% is what you want. It works the other way around as well - to reduce 1:144 to 1:200, divide 144 by 200, i.e. 72%. The same basic process applies to convert any scale to another.

Edited by Admiral Puff

I didn't know it was an exact science Rich.

I thought you just snorted a load up a paper tube.

Now I know where I've been going wrong.

It is a bit more complex, you need to work out how much per gram too add on for the :bling: and the pimped beemer :P