Airbus A380 Single type Group Build

In May, I think I can handle this. Of course, I'm going to be different and put a nice big Pan Am globe on the tail thanks to Chris. ;) Just have to figure out where to put the darn thing when it's done.

Edited by kg4kpg

In May, I think I can handle this. Of course, I'm going to be different and put a nice big Pan Am globe on the tail thanks to Chris. ;) Just have to figure out where to put the darn thing when it's done.

Your in with your Pan Am 380 chris

I'm in, not sure what scheme yet, although having had a wander round one and watching it launch from Rome last week, it may well have to be an Emirates one!

Antony

Sweet Antony, have you seen the 2011 Rugby world cup add on decals that Richw made for me. They look sweet drop him a pm buddy. And I've not forgot, I'm still waiting on Ed force one to land

Sweet Antony, have you seen the 2011 Rugby world cup add on decals that Richw made for me. They look sweet drop him a pm buddy. And I've not forgot, I'm still waiting on Ed force one to land

No rush on the 757 Chris, as long as it's here for the Airliner 2 GB.

I've not seen the rugby world cup decals, I'll have to visit Airliners.net for a bit of spotting!

Antony

Cheers Chris, she's a pretty lady in those colours!

Antony

Now that's a nice looking A380! You guys speaking of Iron Maiden, I just saw a 757 kit on evil-bay with Iron Maiden 2011 tour decals but the guy wanted a lot of money for them. And yes, I am not a "collector" fan, I think they drive prices up on to omany good kits that need to get built, but that's just me.

We can't cheat and do some minor work on these A380's??? :rules: Seems like such a long time from now.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, less than a month away now and I'm getting amped. I started to knock out a wall for new display shelf space but the wife caught me and stopped me. :whistle: So, prolly have to donate some more builds to the museum to make some space for this beast. Just finishing up an Airfix 737 and Revell Fokker 100 then I'll be ready to go.

C'ya, Chris

Well, less than a month away now and I'm getting amped. I started to knock out a wall for new display shelf space but the wife caught me and stopped me. :whistle: So, prolly have to donate some more builds to the museum to make some space for this beast. Just finishing up an Airfix 737 and Revell Fokker 100 then I'll be ready to go.

C'ya, Chris

Put the wife in another room so you can store as many models as you like Chris, have you got your decals yet fella?

Put the wife in another room so you can store as many models as you like Chris, have you got your decals yet fella?

Hey Chris. Not yet but anxiously waiting. I saw a computer edited of an A380 in Pan Am and it looked awesome. I wish a flap job wouldn't be too hard but I'm not sure I'm capable yet, especially with so much invested.

Hey Chris. Not yet but anxiously waiting. I saw a computer edited of an A380 in Pan Am and it looked awesome. I wish a flap job wouldn't be too hard but I'm not sure I'm capable yet, especially with so much invested.

Yes it does look sweet in the pan am livery, I might even do one like it.

Right is anybody else in with this gb? Only 4 weeks to the kick off!

I must say I am in awe at the size of the A380. I sure hope one comes around my way one of these days. Probably the only way we'll see one in Charleston is if it ever comes for an airshow but I doubt it since we're not a major hub. I've been working on a Revell 1/144 Constellation and took a break to tape the A380 windows for filling on the upcoming GB and decided to do a fusselage side by side. If the A380 were hollow you could probably transport several L.1049 fuselages inside. Amazing!

1aa451c7.jpg

I'll try to join this GB with F-HPJA an Air France Airbus A380 which I flew in!

Will probably start this one in july as I have some serios DIY to do in may and june!

No probs I'll put you in the play lost anyway