Airbus A380 Single type Group Build

Right A380 GB, revell 1/144 or Heller 1/125 it is then, cargo or pax or what if's are most welcome. Can anybody donate any prizes, I'm sure I can put something in for one of the top 3 builds

Right the play list so far is

Cuprar

Tackleberry

Johnhull

Picard

Madaboutmodels

Graham77

Living legend

Kev1n

Antony Robertson

Lex77

Smeds

Kg4kpg

Graeme H

Pperkins

Jfcb89

Tomprobert

Trojan thunder

Paul Parkes

Richellis

Pin

Edited by cuprar

• 2 months later...
I was thinking of E-12A (or something with RAF or Armée de l'Air marking) - A380-based Advanced Airborne Command Post "what-if" - would it qualify for this GB?

Yes it would, as long as its an A380 it's in

I'm in with hopefully a BA version, just not sure which revell kit would be best or if it matters. Either Airbus colours First Flight or the Luftie 800 version? Anyone built these and know if there is much difference between them?

Cheers

Graham

Edited by Graham77

I'm in with hopefully a BA version, just not sure which revell kit would be best or if it matters. Either Airbus colours First Flight or the Luftie 800 version? Anyone built these and know if there is much difference between them?

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham welcome buddy, the Revell kits are all the same apart from the decals. Hope this helps fella

Hi Graham welcome buddy, the Revell kits are all the same apart from the decals. Hope this helps fella

Cool I'll keep my eye out for a bargain then before the build starts and source some decals for BA.... and to clear some space for this and a Jumbo planned for later this year.

Cheers

Graham

Anybody else want to join?

I'll be building 4 birds for this gb all Revell 1/144

1st will be American Airlines with BMF fuselage

2nd will be a Pan Am what if

3rd will be Virgin Australia

4th will be British Airways with something different

Edited by cuprar

Anybody else want to play?

Hi Cuprar, me again, with another silly question for you my friend?

I would love to join in with the Twosix Quantas livery I am planning, but it will be my first ever post here, so what happens if you miss the deadline, screw up the build, find yourself having beers on a beach for a month etc?

Are you sent to Britmodeller room 101, and nobody talks to you ever again, buy beers for everyone for a year, or just tell everyone like it is?

Silly question, but I do not like breaking deadlines, or comitments I make? (Word to self, been to long in sales?)

Cheers

Hi Cuprar, me again, with another silly question for you my friend?

I would love to join in with the Twosix Quantas livery I am planning, but it will be my first ever post here, so what happens if you miss the deadline, screw up the build, find yourself having beers on a beach for a month etc?

Are you sent to Britmodeller room 101, and nobody talks to you ever again, buy beers for everyone for a year, or just tell everyone like it is?

Silly question, but I do not like breaking deadlines, or comitments I make? (Word to self, been to long in sales?)

Cheers

Hi Chris, if you dont finish it. not to worry ill send the boys round lol. No if you don't finish it just open a new topic in the modern section and carry on with it there buddy

Hi Chris, if you dont finish it. not to worry ill send the boys round lol. No if you don't finish it just open a new topic in the modern section and carry on with it there buddy

Many thanks for that my friend, count me in with Quantas Hudson Fysh.

By the way, does anyone know why this particular aircraft seems to be the main LHR to Sydney A380? May be pot luck, but my sis has flown the aircraft five times now down to Aus now, ( 50 and sad, I always ask her to get the name), and I have flown to route twice on MR Hudson as well? Would love to know if it is down to depart times or pot luck?

A bit off topic I know, but hey?

Cheers

A380 Obtained yesterday from Dorking Models, first time i'd been there loads of various modelling stuff and I could have spent ages looking but sadly only a little time left on the parking meter. Now the kit has joined the GB for this year pile and I am looking forward to getting it started (then finding somewhere to put it)

Cheers

Graham

A380 Obtained yesterday from Dorking Models, first time i'd been there loads of various modelling stuff and I could have spent ages looking but sadly only a little time left on the parking meter. Now the kit has joined the GB for this year pile and I am looking forward to getting it started (then finding somewhere to put it)

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham, really pleased to hear, where you picked your A380 up. I worked and lived in Dorking from 98 to 2003, I used to spend many a lunch break in there, and the very chap who got me started in the hobby again, which used amuse my staff no end.

Great shop, top bloke, very helpful (once he got to know you), and a coiuple of great pubs at short stroll away. I quite miss the place.

Great to hear they are still there, and welcome aboard.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...