"Does it come in black?"

Smiffy

Okay, I've decided that this will be my entry for the GB.

1.jpg

I've had this since it was first released. In the box it looks a very neat little kit. Nicely moulded and quite well detailed.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

I've started cutting parts from the sprue, begun clean up and some initial test fitting.

It looks extremely well engineered and seems to fit together very well.

I've thought about putting it on a little base, so I've ordered a few other bits too. :)

Edited by Smiffy

Just a little update.

The parts break down and fit on this is so good, that everything can be painted seperately and then put together at the end. So that's how I'm going to proceed.

All the parts have been removed from the sprues and I've spent the week taking care of any flash lines and sprue attachments.

After that was done, I couldn't resist test fitting it altogether. The fit is superb and you could get away without any glue for most of this kit. B)

Everything was broken back down again and then given a detergent wash. I left it overnight to dry and today, I've given everything a couple of light coats of Tamiya grey surface primer.

7.jpg

10.jpg

Think I'm going to have to replace the static discharge wicks on the ends of all the winglets, as they do look a bit clunky.

Next step... Tamiya Nato Black. :)

• 2 months later...
That's correct.

I've got this whole diorama planned, which the tumbler is just part of and I wasn't confident of getting it finished in time. So That's why I changed to the Silpheed. ;)

Well, there is always KUTA V then. :D

Even if Bandai doesn't reissue this bad boy, Moebius is working on one in 1/24 to compliment their Bat Pod. Personally, I like 1/35 a little better for dioramas since figures are easier to obtain in that scale (and/or weapons if you want to use some with this beast).

Personally, I like 1/35 a little better for dioramas since figures are easier to obtain in that scale (and/or weapons if you want to use some with this beast).

Exactly. I already have the Bats figure and a few other bits, too.

I'm looking forward to the Moebius one as well. I already have the BatPod and it looks like they're releasing a figure set to compliment both vehicles. B)