? on Spitfire landing gear door

JackG

Building Tamiya's Spitfire Mk.1 with wheels in the up position and have a couple questions:

1) - on the lower end of the gear door, would the strut be visible past the door edge?

2) - on the opposite end, the kit has the gear bay exposed - is this correct or does the door need to be expanded upon to cover this area completely?

3) - colour of wheel hub, same as undersides or silver/aluminim?

399468724.jpg

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

Building Tamiya's Spitfire Mk.1 with wheels in the up position and have a couple questions:

1) - on the lower end of the gear door, would the strut be visible past the door edge?

2) - on the opposite end, the kit has the gear bay exposed - is this correct or does the door need to be expanded upon to cover this area completely?

regards,

Jack

1) I think it is just visible on the real thing, so the Tamiya is not too wrong.

2) See this photo (click for higher res) that I found via Google Images. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/12517603

3) I'd go for aluminium paint.

399468724.jpg

regards,

Jack

Jack

here's one you should find useful

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/mark_hay...ire_mk1a_p9444/

hanging up in London's Science museum with gear up, genuine BoB MkI Spitfire.

Lots like this which are available as large high res pics, not just a thumbnail like this. 37 pics total.... right click heaven.

supermarine_spitfire_mk1a_p9444_03_of_37t.jpg

HTH

T

Troy - thx for the link, I looked further into that site and Spitfire Parts link even has pics of the strut leg with swival part - something I will have to scratchbuild.

Edgar - yes that curvature was what made me wonder as an Osprey book had line drawings illustrating this on both A Mk1b and MkII - that began the head scratching

regards,

Jack