1/48th BAC (TSR 2) Eagle GR1 , 3 squadron, RAF 1970

In a 'what if' world you would need a newspaper front page with 'Labour hails the success of the TSR 2 Eagle in the export market' sitting on the side. What a sight it would have been to see a couple tearing up the runway at low level at an airshow. :crying:

Exceptional build.

Robert

In a 'what if' world you would need a newspaper front page with 'Labour hails the success of the TSR 2 Eagle in the export market' sitting on the side. What a sight it would have been to see a couple tearing up the runway at low level at an airshow. :crying:

Exceptional build.

Robert

i often do drift off thinking about the (very good) tornado displays and imagining tsr2s screaming in at 50 feet!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Evening, I’m looking to re-start posting on my model builds after a 9yr hiatuses. I’m finally building a TSR2 for myself I’ve built 2 for customers and no less than 2 TSR 2 of mine have gone in the bin. I was just refreshing my memory of builds that had impressed me. 

During an AOC’s visit at RAF Brawdy the only person to get a scalding during parade practice was me , tow the line, tow the line, it’s always you Brealy, it’s always you Brealy.........

• Haha 1

the only person to get a scalding during parade practice was me , tow the line, tow the line, it’s always you Brealy, it’s always you Brealy.........

The sounds horribly reminiscent of my ATC days...which way up does the rifle go, corp? 

Talking of TSR-2s, a friend of mine gave me another 1/48th kit a few years ago, as he knew he'd never build it, I've been toying with the idea of getting it done at some point, probably as an original white machine with everything open, although late wraparound is also quite tempting......the thought of all those corrections though, ensures it keeps slipping back down the pile.  

Looks like I’ve started a new movement, belated appraisals. SafetyDad ‘s made me laugh a lot.

I’ve signed up to PostImage site in preparation of my return, I’ve now got to learn how to get there.

I’ve re-read all 22 pages of your kit bashed fuselage, I’ve got a Denvecator TSR2 to witch I’m ever so please to have bought some yrs ago. But the Airfix kit has never featured in my plans, that guppy look is really not good. I originally thought I had nothing to loose by following what you did, as any errors or loss of interest would result in the model being simply written off. I still don’t fancy cutting and shutting, but the fuselage thickness is 1.75mm thick and it has a kink in it as well. I’m toying with the idea of re-skinning the inner portion of the guppy lump from the avionics bay to the intakes with thick plastic, then simply sanding the kit sides flat...... My scale plans say the fuselage is a parallel 28mm the kit is 32mm wide at the bloated bit, I was thinking,  take 1.5mm or there about off the sides and not the middle by 4mm....hence skinning the middle of the kit.File it away and stop at the new material, and not destroy the naff intake symmetry.     ....... I’ve just got to build this 1/72 kit first......    Take care, “Amos”

• Like 1