1/48th BAC (TSR 2) Eagle GR1 , 3 squadron, RAF 1970

This is a truly outstanding job on this beautiful aircraft model ! This really brings out the sensational lines of this remarkable aircraft and, along with the other great TSR2 builds here, certainly show how the strike/recon bomber looks amazing in any color scheme.

Mike

Simply awesome herr General, yet another masterful build. It just looks so natural in that scheme, like it was meant to be... I'll definitely come and have a look at Telford tommorrow. Will you be bringing the Valiant too? It'd be good to see my inspiration build "in the flesh" as it were!

Wow thanks everyone, what a great reception!, I knew pretty much everyone here felt the same way as I do about this truly magnificent aircraft but that's something else !.

Paul, don't do yourself down mate, just hope Martin and my efforts inspire you to have a go at getting a few of these completed....

Peiro coming from you after your fantastic IAF skyblazer and GR 4 'telic' builds that really is a compliment my friend and very much appreciated,

Thanks all as I say I'll take more outdoor/ atmospheric dio photos when I get back from Telford,

Melchie...

Edited by general melchett

What else is there to say that hasn't been said? I know. :gobsmacked:

An inspiration and joy to look at. The standard of builds on here never cease to amaze me and I feel very privileged to be apart of it!

Thanks chaps, just recovering from the fallout of the three day event that is SMW Telford. One of the best I've been to in many a year, (still suffering from the two Chinese evenings!!! :eat: ). It's a mammoth effort and truly is THE world wide modelling event. We managed to get both TSR's onto the R&D table, facillitated by the fact that Martins club stand happened to be back to back with ours! and a lot of attention they both received which was much appreciated. (One Czech model magazine photographer in particular who did everything bar try to climb inside them both!!).

I managed to blag some extra bits for the model at the show from a very kind gentleman on the Wolfpack stand, metal pitot and PE wheel hub detail which I couldn't get hold of in time for mine so I'll be adding those asap.

Thanks again for your kind comments folks,

Melchie...

P1110944.jpg

Thanks fellas, I managed to bump into several of you over the course of the weekend but sadly I was doing my usual impression of the 'elusive pimpenel' throughout much of it due to sorting a lot of future projects out with several industry folks....like Norman Wisdom said when someone asked him 'haven't I seen you before young man? ' to which he replied 'me?....oh probably,....I'm all over the place!!'.

Part of me loves this, another part of me hates it. The model (quality of build and painting etc etc) and the subject I absolutely love, the "What if bit" of the build I hate! This model demonstrates brilliantly what we should have had, if not for political turmoil.

No negativity on your build, in fact the opposite, you have done it so well it almost upsets me knowing the TSR2 never really had a chance. Great work.

Sean I completely understand where you're coming from! Those of us on the SIG feel the same way but also feel that the only way to carry on the spirit of the aircraft is to model it as it could and should have been.

As promised for those of you interested here are some outside shots hopefully capturing the spirit of the real deal and just what might have been had the whole project been dealt with competently. These and the build pics will be feature in an extensive article I'm getting together for Military In Scale and should appear in the near future.

(I still plan to add some more bits and pieces including RBF tags, ladders, ground and aircrew and some ground handling equipment but that's for later).

Thanks again for all your comments and hope you like it :cheers: ,......................right on with the F-111K........................hooray, (in best Lord Flashheart fashion),

Melchie...

XV926 of 3 squadron sits on the Honington QRA pad ready and waiting for her next mission...................What If.........If only !

P1120041-3.jpg

P1120042-2.jpg

P1120045.jpg

New PE wheel hub detail courtesy of the great Wolfpack set...I think it adds a huge amount to the look of the landing gear,

P1120039-1.jpg

P1120037-1.jpg

P1120047-1.jpg

P1120051.jpg

P1120046-1.jpg

P1120053-1.jpg

• Like 1

This is a bit wonderful. I've been a TSR2 fan since the beginning, my school library used to get Flight & I well remember early articles about it, the first flight & then the sense of betrayal when it was cancelled. I've a 1/72 kit of this in my stash & decals & bits to do something similar one of these days. I couldn't hope to acheive such standards in mine but these pics will be filed away to serve as future inspiration. Many thanks.

Steve.

I can hardly believe I am saying this but it looks even better in those pictures! You and Martin have raised the bar so high on your builds. I have asked our leader to pin the threads as I for one will be referring to them a lot!