Lynx Interior Colours

zed

Looking to paint my Pavla set for the Lynx and two of the colours are described as Light Grey Green and Mid Grey Blue. I am a little stuck on these due to my colour blindness, matching to a colour number would be much appreciated. Probably Humbrol is the easiest.

Thanks

Graham

As if by magic...the shop keeper appears :D

The cabin sound-proofing is a sort of dark green/grey (with smatterings of oil). Humbrol 27 seems to be close but over wash it with a light satin coat of dark stuff (I use a watered down black or dark brown water paint). Inner cabin doors are dark grey (Humbrol 145 is close). Cockpit/cabin area: Floor, non armoured seat frames and sides of the interseat console are Medium grey Humbrol 145. Top of interseat console, overhead console and inner cockpit are is flat black Humbrol 33. If youre doing a navy version, the instrument panel is medium grey (145) and army is flat black (33) but both have matt black coamings. If you are making a wooden cargo floor, its a shade darker than 145. If you are fitting a 6 man seat in the rear, the tubing is near to 145 with seat fabric being Humbrol 25 blue and straps are Humbrol yellow 69. Front harnesses are off black. If youre doing the navy inflatable 4 man rear seat; main part is Humbrol 127 US Ghost grey with blue 25 for the inserts. Front seat back cushion is orange 18 and the base is a sheepskin coloured 148 radome tan. Think that may have covered it :D

6332700242_54d3fc2a18_z.jpg

6332700798_ab780aac28_b.jpg

6331948563_118f38c5c7_b.jpg

6332699386_facbeae82e_z.jpg

If however, youre doing a Wildcat, the soundproofing is plastic black....I'll get back to you on that though as only the prototype soundproofing has been fitted to one production aircraft.

Caveat....these are the approx colours I use and they seem to compare quite favourably when placed next to the real thing ;)

• Thanks 1

That is perfect, thanks. I am doing a Navy one, so I now know what to get. Like I said, I am colour blind so to my eyes they will certainly be correct. Also, in this scale, colours in the right range is sufficient, I just didn't want to have something clearly wrong.

Once again, thanks for the help.

PS, as a matter of interest, how effective is the soundproofing? I have only flown in Chinook and that may as well have had nothing.

That is perfect, thanks. I am doing a Navy one, so I now know what to get. Like I said, I am colour blind so to my eyes they will certainly be correct. Also, in this scale, colours in the right range is sufficient, I just didn't want to have something clearly wrong.

Once again, thanks for the help.

PS, as a matter of interest, how effective is the soundproofing? I have only flown in Chinook and that may as well have had nothing.

I can't remember who told me but I think it's actually supposed to be a fire retardant covering rather than sound proofing. To be honest I can't see it being overly effective in either role but it was always helpful when it started detaching from the ceiling...

As a side note I'm sure the seat covers were olive not orange in the RN marks but that may be my memory playing tricks on me.

Edited by SkippyBing

The soundproofing is as effective as placing wet toilet roll in the cabin... The is of course if the crap velcro that holds it all in place works properly...which it usually doesnt due to it being covered in gearbox oil. The result is when the door gunner opens the cabin door at speed, you hear a 'whoooooosh...thump.....f***!!' as the soundproofing disappears out the cabin and in to the main rotor disc and the doorgunner fails to catch it all or close the door in time. (we currently remove all the soundproofing in Theatre)

New euro-legislation has actually placed most military aircraft as a health and safety hazard (no poo-poo!...) due to the high noise impact on the crew. We are hurridly testing various ear plug and helmet combinations to reduce the noise at the ear. One prob with complying with legislation in this way means we cant hear the frickin radios! The euro-prats will have us sticking a 'warning- this gun/missile/rocket can be harmful to health and may cause death' markings on our kit next.

I can't remember who told me but I think it's actually supposed to be a fire retardant covering rather than sound proofing. To be honest I can't see it being overly effective in either role but it was always helpful when it started detaching from the ceiling...

As a side note I'm sure the seat covers were olive not orange in the RN marks but that may be my memory playing tricks on me.

I think you could be right re the navy seat covers. When we're transiting over the oggin, we remove them as we wear a sinlge man dinghy pack on our backs that sits in the seat back. The fishies have a slightly different set up in that theirs is in the seat pan. As for the fire retardant properties of the soundproofing, the hydraulic fluid, fuel and oil that they are normally covered it should slow down any fire :wacko:

I think you could be right re the navy seat covers. When we're transiting over the oggin, we remove them as we wear a sinlge man dinghy pack on our backs that sits in the seat back. The fishies have a slightly different set up in that theirs is in the seat pan. As for the fire retardant properties of the soundproofing, the hydraulic fluid, fuel and oil that they are normally covered it should slow down any fire :wacko:

Yeah, found this on Airliners.net which was briefly my flight cab and shows the olive drab seats, the packs under the 'lambs wool' seat cover would be yellow.

To be honest I was never overly convinced by the fire retardant explanation but as I'd already poked holes in the soundproofing reasoning I think the instructors were just trying to get rid of me...

Edited by SkippyBing

The soundproofing is as effective as placing wet toilet roll in the cabin... The is of course if the crap velcro that holds it all in place works properly...which it usually doesnt due to it being covered in gearbox oil. The result is when the door gunner opens the cabin door at speed, you hear a 'whoooooosh...thump.....f***!!' as the soundproofing disappears out the cabin and in to the main rotor disc and the doorgunner fails to catch it all or close the door in time. (we currently remove all the soundproofing in Theatre)

New euro-legislation has actually placed most military aircraft as a health and safety hazard (no poo-poo!...) due to the high noise impact on the crew. We are hurridly testing various ear plug and helmet combinations to reduce the noise at the ear. One prob with complying with legislation in this way means we cant hear the frickin radios! The euro-prats will have us sticking a 'warning- this gun/missile/rocket can be harmful to health and may cause death' markings on our kit next.

God I know that..On my last Tornado Squadron,our Cheify put in stores request for x pairs of ear defenders as the ones we had were [email protected] stackers in their infinate wisdom,sitting all cozy in their little storeroom told him we were'nt entitled & sent us a box of yellow disposable ear plugs which chiefy returned citing they were a potential FOD hazzard...