1:48 Airfix F.3

Mish IIRC no F.3's were painted in Desert Pink only the GR.1's were.

AFAIK the F.3's were left in their standard grey's.

But I could be wrong.

the fighters are left in grey because it is a higher altitude cammo gr's get the lower altitude camo schemes because of the way they opperate

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, the intake covers are done. I can't get them off so they will stay in place and I'll repaint them after I have resprayed.

yw77tj.jpg

yw77tk.jpg

Right the respray has started and promptly stopped as I'm out of paint till I can order some more. I use Tamiya and nobody stocks them locally so I mail order them.

yw77tm.jpg

Barley grey and Light aircraft grey springs to mind Mish, I'm sure I'll be corrected if thats not the case.

Doing a great job, and hate to say it but,......yeah, I want to do mine too!!!!! :banghead:

Looking good.

Eng

Those intake covers are nice Mish. What did you make them out of?

My old favorite....

Loo paper! Cut a piece the size you want put it on a flat surface and paint with either the colour paint you want or watered down PVA. As it starts to dry, carefully lift it and place over the intake and shape. Leave to dry and then trim the edges with a sharp knife.

Easy huh?

Guest snipersmudge

well you have certainly turned a pigs ear into a silk purse. You do like the difficult builds don't you Mish! looking good :speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well your perseverance has paid off Mish, Looks cracking with all the RBF tags on, Well done!

Adam