The box are, the best part of the kit.

yvd10c.jpg

These sprues have raised panel lines

yvd10a.jpg

And these have engraved lines

yvd10b.jpg

The decal set

yvd109.jpg

Well this lit is a joke, Airfix should hang their heads in shame, it is little more than a toy. A mix of recessed and raised panel lines. A cockpit with no detail. And detailing on the rest is an approximation.

I'm not going to waste too much effort on this, build it OOTB and then give it away to Bex and Lou (Bexwh773 and xxLouisexx) lad. In fact I'm going to let him Decide what scheme its to be painted in and whether it is wings forward of swept.

The little start too me 20 minutes such is it's simplicity!

yvo02p.jpg

Edited by Mish

Sorry to disillusion you Bob. So far I have discovered, the IPs are blank all detail coming from decals. No other detail in the pit at all. The seats are an approximation. Pilots should you fit them are passable. The tailplanes have some treanches at the joins of the halves. The wings are not too bad a little detail but all raised.

I'm pinning my hopes on the Italeri IDS/GR1 I have coming.

Postie has just delivered the Italeri and at first glance it 100% better kit.

Edited by Mish

How about this for detail :D

:hmmm: me thinks you are Forthwith Extracting The Michelle :rofl::analintruder:

And you wonder why I dislike Tonkas Sis......... Theyre cr@p :suicide:

Bex von DoinARunnerSharpish :analintruder:

And you wonder why I dislike Tonkas Sis......... Theyre cr@p :suicide:

Bex von DoinARunnerSharpish

Hmmm - i'm thinking may be you should sit this GB out Bex!

(Or face the consequences : :fight::shoot::chair: )

Hmmm - i'm thinking may be you should sit this GB out Bex!

(Or face the consequences : :fight::shoot::chair: )

Why do u think I still havent repaired that ECR of mine yet Al :shrug::yikes:

Bex

Karl did an outstanding job on his Airfix F3, it is worth persevering with it.

peebeep

Thanks peebeep - it was a bit fraught in places, but it is well worth the extra effort in the end.

Keep going Mish, it will work out fine. :thumbsup2:

Karl

Bex von BetterBeDoinARunnerSharpish!

You're banned from the Phantom GB for making unkind remarks about my fave jet...

:devil::tease::wicked:

Merv

Meoooooow :tease: One day I'll finish my ECR, oh empty your PM box too :tease:

Bexy

Just been told elsewhere that the upper fuselage half is wider than the lower so I will have to spread the lower half!

Great......

Lolly sticks Sis :whistle:

Bex

HELP

There is two tail fins with this pox ridden kit and no clue in the instructions of which one to use. The differences seem to be what I take to be the RWR ox on the fin? On one it protrudes both to the rear and front of the fin on the other just to the rear.

From what I can see from reference pics I need the later fro the F.3?

If this is not a simple problem I'll post pics later of the two fins.

I've got this kit in the loft Mish, and after a cursory glance at the parts I carefully stacked it as far behind the rest of the stash as possible!

According to the kit instructions, the exploded diagrams show the fin with the rearward fairing only, as do the paint and decals guides, so I should go with that one if I were you...

I await correction by experts on the Fin's fin.

Keep at it,

Dean

Just been told elsewhere that the upper fuselage half is wider than the lower so I will have to spread the lower half!

Great......

agreed it is a terible kit but can be made nice think yourself lucky it's not the buccaneer that did have issues to joining the fuselage but with time and care was also good

I've got this kit in the loft Mish, and after a cursory glance at the parts I carefully stacked it as far behind the rest of the stash as possible!

According to the kit instructions, the exploded diagrams show the fin with the rearward fairing only, as do the paint and decals guides, so I should go with that one if I were you...

I await correction by experts on the Fin's fin.

Keep at it,

Dean

rearward only for f3 strange how airfix put most parts to make gr's and f's appart from fuselage in the same box on most kits even an earlyish gr 1 airfix kit had the f3 fins and extra parts in

Hi Mish,

disappointing to read your comments about this kit as I have two in the stash to build :fraidnot:

It will be interesting to compare the Italieri F3 I have just bought with this kit!

cheers Bob

italeri are widely known in both versions to be the better kit but the f3 is getting rarer even on ebay compared to say last year ( getting compareable to the 1/48 airfix lightning ) when they do turn up expect a bidding war

Thanks for the link Jonathan, I'll need it in the new year.

Mish, Airfix definitely missed an opportunity when they issued this kit. Fit is an optional extra but the end product does look like how it should, panel linw isues not withstanding.

Tony

bloody hell someone got a good one to start with mine took more filler tha an alpha sud practicaly everything needed re-scribing bomb bay door was warped mind you thaught myself lucky as it wasnt as bad as the rest

thaught it had been left in front of a fire but was re assured that was how they came ......