1/48 Monogram B-58A Hustler

I hope you don't mind me saying that's my best model ever since restarting the hobby 8 years ago.

Thanks very much for the very nice comments : :rolleyes:

Alan

Al,

Hope you dont mind, but out of the all the models youve posted here that Ive seen, yes, Id say it is your best and one to be very proud of :thumbsup2:

Bex

Beautiful Job, Al.

Your brilliant execution is the reason why people are drawn to the B-58, despite the bare metal finish, the engine pods, the monkey-wire undercarriage, and the awkward size issues. The extra open cockpits and the Fisher intakes do wonders for the looks of the aeroplane. Pity they weren't around longer, but fact is it was sort of an impractical weapon system with much lower dispatch reliability than a B-52, and MUCH more dependent on tanker support.

The B-58 is a jet with a "Cult" following, and i'm definitely one of its members.

Thanks for posting. WELL DONE.

All the Best,

david, Still building the Monogram B-58 in his head.

Can't add much more to what everyone else has said - that is absolutely stunning!! Beautiful finish, & a result that shows your perserverance in overcoming the trials & tribulations of the build was well worth it!!

Fantastickly luvly model!!

Keef

Flippin 'eck Al!! I've been following your build but,... damn that is wicked, it just looks awesome in the side on pic, what a monster of a jet.

You certainly should be proud of that one, the NMF is stunning, absolutely 1st class and worth all the trouble I bet.

Shweeet!!!

Eng :worthy:

Al,

Made it through your build article for this kit - very instructive and inspirational stuff mate. It has come out beautifully. I do like the Hustler, and this 1/48 kit has been on my 'wants' list for just about forever. Thank you for sharing this build with us all.

Regards

Derek

Ok......now that I'm sufficiently recovered from the initial shock.....I can say I'm totally :gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked: . I think I'll just pack up what I've got done and give it to some deserving soul. It's obvious that I'm in the wrong hobby..I'll never achieve those results.. OUTSTANDING JOB....Al if you fly'em as well as you build'em I'll fly to the Andromeda Galaxy and beyond with ya!!! ;)

Edited by Angels49

• 4 weeks later...