AIRFIX ARE DOING A 1/48 VULCAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jennings Heilig

Airfix havn't committed to doing a 1.48 Vulcan, they were just testing people's reactions.

Car manufacturers do it all the time at shows with their 'concept' cars. They see public reaction before they decide to build it or not.

Even if Airfix were to do it I wouldn't expect to see it available for 18 months.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Don't get tooo excited - it's by no means certain yet.

There was/is a 1/48 model Vulcan on the Airfix stand at Telford.

It's there to gague demand for a model if it were to be put into production.

That said, it generated huge interest amongst modellers whilst I was there.

Don't get tooo excited - it's by no means certain yet.

There was/is a 1/48 model Vulcan on the Airfix stand at Telford.

It's there to gague demand for a model if it were to be put into production.

That said, it generated huge interest amongst modellers whilst I was there.

I'm sure it did but in the cold light of day I can imagine that their partners had something very different to say about it...I just worked out that it would occupy the space curently taken up by Thomas' play pen. Mrs BM would have a radically different opinion as the be best use that the space could be put to ;)

Andy

its no different to the 1/24 Sea Harrier FA/2, Spitfire IX or P-51B Mustang that have been seen on the stand over the years - its there to test reaction, see where it goes.

The box art was a gag done by some folk who shall remain nameless!

Teasers, Carrotts, Gauges aside,

someone at Airfix must have seen the E-vilbay activity re Aeroclub kits!

The prices set, bid shows well enough that there is more than sufficient interest?

Even Heritage Aviation's 1/32 GIANT had many going into raptures.

I would buy. My Aeroclub one is one I got at a Sothern Expo to many years back.

I work on it now and then but with no 'other' alternatives what can we do!

When will it appear?

My Crystal ball is down at the moment so a Mk1 wet digit in the air will have to be the guide for now.

Adrian

its no different to the 1/24 Sea Harrier FA/2, Spitfire IX or P-51B Mustang that have been seen on the stand over the years - its there to test reaction, see where it goes.

This from the company about to bring out a 1/24 Mosquito??? If they tease me like that and don't follow through, well then I shall be very put out.

:)

J

Hi

Gotta tell you the Hawk, Lightning, TSR2 and Vulcan were all done by the same guys and Airfix kitted them all shortly thereafter. The only one that Airfix did know about was the Nimrod and they asked for it to go on the stand before it was sneaked on.

Regards

Paul

They replied that it was not in their current plans, but would keep my suggestion anyway. Whatever that means???

Filed under "B"

just a standard response to suggestions - they probably get loads. but if enough people keep asking they might start to take notice.

they might even produce a kit just to stop being pestered- or is that just bad parenting

I asked one of the blokes at the stand, it was one of the few I did get to see.

In fact I actually went back to ask wether you can buy one there.

He said it all starte as a joke, but they have had so much interest it might not be a joke after all.

He also said if it does turn into a reality it will be years, 3 or more was my impression...

I asked one of the blokes at the stand, it was one of the few I did get to see.

In fact I actually went back to ask wether you can buy one there.

He said it all starte as a joke, but they have had so much interest it might not be a joke after all.

He also said if it does turn into a reality it will be years, 3 or more was my impression...

Would be nice to see. I am about the only one on the North American continent that has actually built and finished the Aeroclub Vulcan.. Would do another one tomorrow, if I could find one that did not require the proverbial arm and leg..

Derek

• 5 years later...