Trumpeter Wellington queries

Seahawk

I'd like to build a model of Wellington XI HZ361 "L8B" of 765 Sq FAA. From the photo it seems to combine the rear fuselage window arrangements of a GR XIV (eg window over trailing edge of wing) with the nose turret of the B.X. I'd like to minimise the amount of opening up/filling windows on a geodetic fuselage, so:

Question 1: does the Trumpeter GR.XIV kit still have the parts for a nose-turreted version on the sprue?

Question 2: conversely do the Trumpeter B.III fuselage halves (B.X not out yet) show any provision for side windows (other than the beam gun windows)? (I'm thinking of skinnned-over apertures the ham-fisted can cut out easily.)

Question 3: the Trumpeter B.III does have a 4-gun tail turret, doesn't it? I don't recall it being completely clear from the box art and Trumpeter kits sometimes have such bizarre errors.

Nick

I only have the Trumpeter Mk1c, but the Cybermodeller review with sprue shots shows the FN20 (4-gun) turret included in the MkIII kit. No such luck with flashed-over windows, the geodetic structure is moulded throughout, including the window cutouts.

Completely different fuselage mouldings are provided in the Mk1c and MkIII kits, I would expect another new moulding in the case of the GRXIV.

Cheers,

Bill.

I only have the Trumpeter Mk1c, but the Cybermodeller review with sprue shots shows the FN20 (4-gun) turret included in the MkIII kit. No such luck with flashed-over windows, the geodetic structure is moulded throughout, including the window cutouts.

Completely different fuselage mouldings are provided in the Mk1c and MkIII kits, I would expect another new moulding in the case of the GRXIV.

Cheers,

Bill.

Bill

Many thanks for prompt and helpful reply: think I'll hack around a Trumpeter B.X when it comes out, then.

I'm enjoying your build of NC826, BTW: look forward to seeing the final product.

Nick