Gromit Vampire

Here's a different take on the aeroplane from the Airfix Wallace & Gromit gift set.

Built as part of the first anniversary group build on the Airfix Tribute Forum, where the theme was "build anything you like"!

GromitFinished_1.jpg

GromitFinished_2.jpg

GromitFinished_6.jpg

The fuselage is from the original kit, but turned backwards. Tail booms made from plastic tubing with I-beams inside to add strength, vertical tail from the kit with horizontal section added from plastic card. Rocket pods nicked from an Airfix 1/48th Viggen. Various internal details made from plastic card, sprue and clear acetate. Gromit's bone-dome was made from the gun in the original kit, with plastic card shades and seat belts made from card & Tamiya tape.

Decals are mostly homemade, with roundels from an Airfix Typhoon.

Here's a different take on the aeroplane from the Airfix Wallace & Gromit gift set.

Built as part of the first anniversary group build on the Airfix Tribute Forum, where the theme was "build anything you like"!

GromitFinished_1.jpg

GromitFinished_2.jpg

GromitFinished_6.jpg

The fuselage is from the original kit, but turned backwards. Tail booms made from plastic tubing with I-beams inside to add strength, vertical tail from the kit with horizontal section added from plastic card. Rocket pods nicked from an Airfix 1/48th Viggen. Various internal details made from plastic card, sprue and clear acetate. Gromit's bone-dome was made from the gun in the original kit, with plastic card shades and seat belts made from card & Tamiya tape.

Decals are mostly homemade, with roundels from an Airfix Typhoon.

:clap2: That's very good, I like it.

Now I know this is not real and shouldn't be taken seriously, but shouldn't Vomit have an oxygen mask on?

Way cool - love it.

You jest, but original plans were to have both an oxygen mask and a canopy - after all, poor chap's going to be getting blown all over the place! Anyway, canopy got shelved because I just couldn't fit it in, and how on earth do you get an oxygen mask to fit a dog? Should it just cover the nose, mouth and nose, just the mouth? The gun came with some tubes that would have been perfect for the oxygen supply, so I was a bit miffed that I couldn't work out how to do it :D

Edited by farmroad38

Emergency cheese storage locker (possibly with 'In case of emergency, break here' clear panel on the front) - that was another idea that I had but couldn't fit in!

I love Wallace and gromit...not literaly of course...but you understand what I mean...

shut up Evans you fool...they're on to you...

Good work...:thumbsup2::D

Very cool idea Adrian! Great looking little model, and very original.

Cheers,

Jay

And sanded extensively using Master Casters sanding sticks, may I add - brilliant things!

Thanks one and all for the comments.

• 1 month later...