World Naval Forces Group Build

bexwh773

Ladies and Gents,

To avoid any confusion, the World Naval Forces GB will be running from 4th January 2009 until 26th April 2009.

The GB is to be co hosted by myself and Seamus.

With this Group Build we would like to incorporate any Nation’s Naval vessel or aircraft from World War One to the Present Day. In order to include as many members as possible we would also like to see amphibious vehicles used by Navies or Marine Units included as well, but, if for example someone wishes to build a landing craft diorama with vehicles included these will be eligible. Also, we would like to see fresh builds.

One note for aircraft modelers, aircraft must have either Naval or Marine unit markings, so to simplify this, if you wish to build a Harrier or Buccaneer, then they must be wearing Royal Navy Markings and not RAF Sqn Markings.

Please note that with the broad scope of this Group Build, we would like to keep this as a Real World Build.

So on that note, please use this thread to ask any questions you might have, and let us know what you plan to build.

Christmas is coming don’t forget, so it will give you a chance to ask Santa for any extra kits you will need.

Finally, once the Group Build Mod Team have set up our own forum, we can get the ball rolling :yahoo:

Bex & Seamus

Edited by bexwh773

Nice one Bex :thumbsup2:

I'll kick things off then, I'll definitely be building the following, all in 1/72

Trumpy Wyvern

Hasegawa KA-3B Skywarrior

Tamiya F-4D Skyray

Plenty more in the stash, but I'll let others post their builds, then maybe fill in the gaps with some of mine if need be

Look forward to seeing what people plan to build :)

Hi,

I guess you might have expexted a wooden build from me.

Erwin,

I would have been most upset not to have a wooden model from you :lol: I definately look forwards to that one :thumbsup2:

Phil, looking forwards to a Maritime Masterpiece from yourself :worthy:

Me? Well, Im definately in with a 1:48th Trumpy Seahawk FGA6 and if all goes plan, then a Phantom FG1 - 892 NAS.

Bex

Having prodded this GB today, I should show my support, hence the signature block!

I've loads to choose from, but I think its going to be the Magna 1/48 Firebrand, not sure if it will be the 2 or the 5, or even both...

If I get that (or them) done then it will probably be some form of egg beater, Daphine or Wasp, either end of the spectrum!

Edited by OzH

A Firebrand will be very nice indeed Oz :thumbsup:

I was hoping for a wide variety of aircraft in this GB, looks like we're getting it already :)

A Firebrand will be very nice indeed Oz :thumbsup:

I was hoping for a wide variety of aircraft in this GB, looks like we're getting it already :)

I can always throw a 1:72nd Fulmar into the mix for something different :analintruder:

Bex

Two fine choices Mish, especially looking forward to seeing the SHar.

I'm hoping to see plenty of Harriers in this GB peeps :lol:

I'm hoping to see plenty of Harriers in this GB peeps :lol:

And I'm hoping to see plenty of Phantoms in this GB peeps :lol:

Seriously though, will be nice to see some SHars.............. er <cough> I have a 72nd Matchbox :yahoo:

Paul, Ive seen your aircraft builds and thoroughly enjoyed them, will be great to see what you can do with a ship :worthy:

Louise, yu and I will go through my stash and see if I can give you one of mine to play with if you havent got anything in your stash.

Looking like a nice selection so far Guys & Gals :thumbsup2:

Bex

I'm in, but have no idea what with , spiolt for choice y'see.

Probably go with a 1/48 A-7 to start and maybe a Birdcage Corsair to partner it, and a Crusader and maybe a Skyray and a Panther, then theres the Avenger and Helldiver...too much choice!!

I'm in, but have no idea what with , spiolt for choice y'see.

Probably go with a 1/48 A-7 to start and maybe a Birdcage Corsair to partner it, and a Crusader and maybe a Skyray and a Panther, then theres the Avenger and Helldiver...too much choice!!

If you get stuck Mike, could always ask Osher to start a poll for you..............

:sorry: Osher, couldnt resist it :wicked:

I know :handbag: & :coat: Taxi for Bexy

Yikes, picking stuff for this one will be real tough. There's um... lots in the stash suitable for naval!

I'd say my shortlist (always changing) by subject type would be:

Whirly thing: Kamov Ka-27 1/72 (zvezda)

Flying thing: V-22 Osprey 1/72 (italeri), RA-5C Vigilante 1/72 (trumpeter), E7K1 Alf 1/72 (hasegawa), P2V-7 Neptune 1/72 (hasegawa), S2F-1 Tracker 1/72 (hasegawa)

Flying-Floaty thing: Shin Meiwa SS-2 1/72 (hasegawa), Martin Marlin 1/72 (hasegawa), A-90 Orljonok 1/144 (revell)

Choices, choices!

OK, I'm in, spoilt for choice though.......

Hopefully an :pilot: RN 'Sharks' Gazelle, maybe an F4J USMC, and finally, just to wind Bexy up............... :suicide:

:evil_laugh: either a RM Centaur tank or an Army DUKW :banghead:

:bleh: .....................TAXI!!!!!!!

Ian

and finally, just to wind Bexy up............... :suicide:

Ian

Interesting mix there Ian & Stebos :thumbsup:

As you gave me those 74Sqn Decals Ian, I'll let you orf just this once :tease:

Bex

OK, I'm in, spoilt for choice though.......

Hopefully an :pilot: RN 'Sharks' Gazelle, maybe an F4J USMC, and finally, just to wind Bexy up............... :suicide:

Ian

Whose markings are you doing the taxi in?

:innocent:

I think it'l have to be a Pink Ladies one, don't you, Paul?

Even though I'm likely to get a good hiding.............it's worth it!

Ian