IDF Centurion Mk 5 Shot

BadCop

Thanks again for the continued comments and views.

A little more work today - fenders attached to the Hull.

Shot051.jpg

I've also sanded off the moulded on heat guards for the mufflers, ready for the PE Replacements, and attached them to the rear Hull side. It all looks rather rough, and you have to get it paper thin (and thinner in a few patches), but it'll be covered up by the PE, so no need to get too worried about it.

Shot053.jpg

I've also managed to knock off one of the PE handles for the storage bins. Fortunately the Voyager set includes a few spares, plus I have a few left over from the Mk6 build.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay folks, it has been a while, but I finally have some progress to report - I've finally completed that most demanding and annoying of tasks: all 216 links of track have been cleaned up and assembled! (Golf clap, everyone, please).

Shot002-1.jpg

Yes, these are the AFV club tracks. A very tight fit and no easy task to get them to fit together well. There's quite a pile of tracks with broken connections from my efforts.

Okay, a little more work to report. I'm going to paint and assemble the suspension and tracks, then mask them up and finish construction of the upper hull. First I've primed the upper hull and running gear in Tamiya Red Brown.

Shot004-1.jpg

Then I've misted on a mix of Tamiya Dark yellow and Buff mixed 50/50 for the desert sand colour

Shot007-1.jpg

Next come the fun part of painting the rubber rims, and the tracks.

Thanks Daz,

Some more work to report now:

Road wheels, return rollers, etc have been given an oil paint wash to bring out the detail, flat coated, and then given a dusting with Pigments, and finally fitted to the hull.

Shot017.jpg

The next step is to get the tracks ready, so after a base coat of Hull Red, a mix of Water and Sand Pigment was applied.

Shot018.jpg

Once this mess is all dried, I've scrubbed off the excess with an old toothbrush.

Shot019-1.jpg

For the worn metallic look, I've used a sanding stick on a pencil to get a fine graphite powder that I've rubbed around the teeth and inner side, and also the wear face of the track to give this result.

Shot020.jpg

(Hmm, doesn't come out all that well in this picture, but trust me, it's there)

After all that the tracks are fitted to the suspension

Shot021.jpg

And just to remind myself of what the end product is going to look like, I've added the storage bins to the turret and fitted it to the hull.

Shot025-1.jpg