Battleship Bismarck

Here are a few photos of Revell`s magnificent kit of the Bismarck.This has been one of my most enjoyable builds,everything went together really well.I can not recommend this too highly,even the sprue was the best I`ve used for stretching!

Although the Bismarck wasn`t as elegant as the Scharnhorst,she(sorry He) was still a hellava good-looking vessel!

Bye for now Phil

SL271352.jpg

SL271349.jpg

SL271347.jpg

SL271345.jpg

SL271342-1.jpg

She's a beaut Phil, are the rails from the kit or are they white ensign etch?

Andy.

The PE deck-railing was from WEM and Toms Model Works,the ones in the kit are too thick for my purposes,but they may encourage younger modellers to "have go"at a ship.Thanks Phil

Phil Thats mind blowing work, Only thing I would love to see on Her/him Is the Massive deck painted Swastika

I know revell being German don't include the Swastika, but the symbol is Part of their history a delicate subject I know but for me

made the Bismark :thumbsup:

Phil Thats mind blowing work, Only thing I would love to see on Her/him Is the Massive deck painted Swastika

I know revell being German don't include the Swastika, but the symbol is Part of their history a delicate subject I know but for me

made the Bismark :thumbsup:

The reason I didn`t have any swastikas on the main deck,was that I modelled him as he appeared,during the early stages of Rhine Exercise,on or about the 24th May.When the battle group left Norway,all the I/D markings were removed,in the hope that if they were spotted by British aircraft,they may have been confused with a RN battleship,so all swastikas were removed as well,In the latter part of the voyage,as they approached the French coast,the Swastikas may have been reinstated,and the main turret tops painted in either,red or yellow,but no one knows for definate.

Many thanks to all ,for your comments Best wishes Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder

The reason I didn`t have any swastikas on the main deck,was that modelled him as he appeared,during the early stages of Rhine Exercise,on or about the 24th May.When the battle group left Norway,all the I/D markings were removed,in the hope that if they were spotted by British aircraft,they may have been confused with a RN battleship,so all swastikas were removed as well,In the latter part of the voyage,as they approached the French coast,the Swastikas may have been reinstated,and the main turret tops painted in either,red or yellow,but no one knows for definate.

Many thanks for all ,for your comments Best wishes Phil

Thanks Phil cleared my question up nicely, Congrats again on a stunning build :thumbsup: