1/35 Challenger 1

Recently I found this kit part-made at a show for £10 along with a new vanguard book about the Challenger 1 for £5; only the lower hull and wheels were assembly and with no bits missing. I wanted to try out some Friulmodel track so I decided to get some for this build and some Eduard Photoetched. So, with my order on its way, I then had a good look through the book and used the internet to get some ideas. I had a good idea what I wanted to do so, with some add-on parts, I started to build the kit.

partmadekitpart2.jpg

lowerhullpart6.jpg

Trackconstructionpart3.jpg

Trackconstructionpart7.jpg

UpperhullandTurretpart3.jpg

Edited by mattjackson

Thats looking seriously good. Which kit is it? Fruilmodel tracks are really good. I have used them twice, once on a King Tiger and again on a panzer 1. Welcome to the asylum by the way.

Recently I found this kit part-made at a show for £10 along with a new vanguard book about the Challenger 1 for £5; only the lower hull and wheels were assembly and with no bits missing. I wanted to try out some Friulmodel track so I decided to get some for this build and some Eduard Photoetched. So, with my order on its way, I then had a good look through the book and used the internet to get some ideas. I had a good idea what I wanted to do so, with some add-on parts, I started to build the kit.

Wa-Hay!!! Another member of the MMC fellowship!! Welcome on board Matt!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What a brilliant battle worn chally, wonder if I can get some of those Fruilmodel tracks for my M4?.

JB.

Lovely build you got there :thumbsup2: Got a couple of questions though. In the first pic there are some grey areas. How did you make those? Looks almost like tape. I also wonder about the tarp on the turret, which came out excellently, was it ordinary household foil you used there? Thanks in advance.

Lovely build you got there :thumbsup2: Got a couple of questions though. In the first pic there are some grey areas. How did you make those? Looks almost like tape. I also wonder about the tarp on the turret, which came out excellently, was it ordinary household foil you used there? Thanks in advance.

yes ordinary household foil, It's halfords Plastic Primer not shaken or rubbed down then primer this is a antslip paste and thanks

Superb! Thanks for sharing

Regards, as always

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen this Matt, I think Im gonna hide my Chally 2 kit until Ive done some more research, because this is just simply awe inspiring :worthy:

Gonna go hide now :yikes:

bex

• 4 weeks later...