The Assembly Line!

Hope it's not too late to join in the GB.

If not, then I'm in with this, all thanks to Mike reckoning I'm small so I should build in 1/144 :fight: .

DSCN0095.jpg

Revell IDS, with Academy decals from their GR1. The decals are for Mig Killer 1991 GW1, and are OK. The Kit was :shit: , obviously a rip of the LS one from the eighties, and not a good one :confused: .

Anyway, can I join in?

Pwease.

rich

Let me know what pages are missing and I'll snap some pics of those pages and send them to you if you like ;)

There will be a few differences between my GR.1 and your IDS but I'm sure you'll get the general idea.

cheers im missing all apart from cover sean if you could it would help but the buil has come along helpfull to know where all the little farty bits go cheers paul

No prob Daz,

Just remember,Tornado's dont have tracks!They have things called wings.... :evil_laugh:

I dunno :hmmm: F3 PT (ZH555) when it was in its 56 Sqn disguise had tracks on it .

It was the only way they could get it off the runway after it landed with undercarriage problems (the pilot forgot to put the wheels down)

So there is hope for you yet Daz

I dunno :hmmm: F3 PT (ZH555) when it was in its 56 Sqn disguise had tracks on it .

It was the only way they could get it off the runway after it landed with undercarriage problems (the pilot forgot to put the wheels down)

So there is hope for you yet Daz

Ooooooh mtd350! Mind out for libel charges from a disgruntled F3 pilot . They actually had a unique problem with the undercarriage and did very well to get it back in one piece. I believe they 'craned' it off as well.

mmm.. oh go on then. Why the hell not... The only way I'll ever build Tornado is to join a GB.. so ... please can I join your GB?

It'll be either a gulf thingy from a magazine with metal flappy bits or the nice shiny red and white MRCA by airfux in 1/72

I've been busy with work and real life but now I've broken up for Xmas and have two weeks of eating, boozing, slobbing and farting to look forward to, which obviously means time for kitting as well - or scraping plastic as the wife and kids put it.

Here's my entry of this GB, the 1:48th Italeri IDS that I bought because of the fancy markings which I'm always a sucker for.

BMTornado1.jpg

On opening the box I've also found a Bilek 1:72 Tornado and bits from my unfinished 1:32 Revell Tigermeet jobby so I may take a crack at them at the same time (although the 1:32 is nearly 85% complete I'd say can't be part of this GB, I'll just post a pic when finished if you're interested).

BMTornado2.jpg

I bought two of the Bilek/Italeri kits and did one of them before for a 24 hour Blitzbau over on Gregs forum. I thought it came out pretty good considering - I even used the horrid old Airfix pot acrylics so the paint would be dry quickly to get the decals on.

I took a couple of photos of a Saudi Tornado in this scheme at Farnborough Airshow in '86 or '88 - can't remember exactly - which is why I'm keen on it. So I may do the unbuilt one here in Saudi colours again and take a bit more than 24 hours over it this time.

222095678.jpg

246733564.jpg

246733560.jpg

Cheers

Al.

Ooooooh mtd350! Mind out for libel charges from a disgruntled F3 pilot . They actually had a unique problem with the undercarriage and did very well to get it back in one piece. I believe they 'craned' it off as well.

Correct, they did do well to keep it in one piece.

IIRC it was a there ya go that's how ya do it wi no wheels landing.

I'll probably be wrong but wasn't it the student pilot that landed the plane.

Yes they would have used a crane to put it on to the recovery bogies (which are tracked), took it back to the hanger and after some :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:oops: :shithappens: and some :shrug: and :hmmm: they knocked the dents out stuck a treble one flash on the tail , hoped no one noticed and sent it flying again with the part that caused all the problems in the first place fixed .......................hopefully

Correct, they did do well to keep it in one piece.

IIRC it was a there ya go that's how ya do it wi no wheels landing.

I'll probably be wrong but wasn't it the student pilot that landed the plane.

Yes they would have used a crane to put it on to the recovery bogies (which are tracked), took it back to the hanger and after some :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:oops: :shithappens: and some :shrug: and :hmmm: they knocked the dents out stuck a treble one flash on the tail , hoped no one noticed and sent it flying again with the part that caused all the problems in the first place fixed .......................hopefully

Yep, student pilot and a Green Endorsement as a result. Damage minimal and it was flying again in about a year I believe.

Amey

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, student pilot and a Green Endorsement as a result. Damage minimal and it was flying again in about a year I believe.

Amey

You seem to know a wee bit about this.

Were you on Shifty Fix Sqn (now squabbling chickens) at the time then.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my first attempt at a GB as well as my first submissions on any forum so hopefully I can handle it!!

I'll be building a British GR4 (Sqn to be decided) in 1/48 using the italeri kit plus a few extras (mainly weapons + fuel tanks) from the Airfix kit.

• 3 weeks later...

HI GUYS.Im a newbie to this forum,im a tornado fanatic but a begginner as regards to aircraft!.I have just bought a hasegawa 72nd scale gr4 14th squadron special sceme,ive got the airwaves gr4 etch set plus flightpath gr1/1a set.So i guess ive got to take the plunge and join in the tonka build if i may!!!.

kind regards to all. from richard.

HI GUYS.Im a newbie to this forum,im a tornado fanatic but a begginner as regards to aircraft!.I have just bought a hasegawa 72nd scale gr4 14th squadron special sceme,ive got the airwaves gr4 etch set plus flightpath gr1/1a set.So i guess ive got to take the plunge and join in the tonka build if i may!!!.

kind regards to all. from richard.

No prob.

Merv